• Advertisement

Paying Attention, Steel toed shoes

We want everyone to grow old in one piece, so here you will find safety tips to help that happen.
  • Advertisement

Paying Attention, Steel toed shoes

Postby Charles » April 2nd, 2021, 5:53 am

Some of the same ole advice...pay attention to what you are doing, think a few steps AHEAD...dont get in a hurry, stop and think again...None of this requires a lot of extra time on the job, this advice is not about YOU it is an entirely self reinforced accident completely MY fault...In my haste I ignored all the above!! I know better!! Steel toed shoes, I wore them most of my life working, I haven't worn them in the last couple years due to neuropathy in my right leg stemming from a back injury, surgery a year ago I have slowly been regaining muscle in my right leg and foot to the point I could have most likely been able to walk in the heavier shoe without heel drop! All that aside if ANY of the above criteria had been met I wouldnt be sitting around on my fat ass for 6 weeks letting my foot heal from being mashed under the tongue of a 15 ft bush hog... estimate weight about a ton...
foot.jpg

As a "foot" note "smirk" the whitish on my foot is off the thick white cotton sock I was wearing , it is stuck where most of the weight was on my foot!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Charles Mckenzie
McKenzie Monuments Inc.
3450 N. St. Louis St.
Batesville, AR 72501
870-793-3216
Charles

Re: Paying Attention, Steel toed shoes

Postby davidkelso » April 5th, 2021, 8:33 am

Charles,

That looks to be a very painful injury. Best wishes for a speedy (and full) recovery.

A lesson to us all methinks. Bad stuff can be just waiting for the unwary.

As if things aren't bad enough with Covid etc we need to take care of ourselves in the workplace.

Stay safe & well folks.

David
=========================
David Kelso
Crystal Clear Glass Engravers
Belfast, Northern Ireland
http://www.crystal-engravers.com
=========================
Creative Crystal cabinet, PAB Blaster set up, CorelDraw 18, Wacom tablet
davidkelso

Postby kuluchicken » April 5th, 2021, 2:33 pm

That looks incredibly sore Charles. I hope it recovers soon.

Yip, accidents can happen so easily :DOH:
kuluchicken

Postby JESS » April 5th, 2021, 5:13 pm

A true fact! Over the last few years, whenever my little Fox (Connie) sees me near a ladder, it's like dealing with a rabid Chipmunk! :ROFL:
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby jhenryw49 » April 6th, 2021, 7:45 am

that is a hard way to relearn common sense, but as human we tend to do that. wish you well in your recovery, they have those Iwalking stands, that you can walk with crutch. and this too shall pass.

jack
jhenryw49

Return to Safety Precautions