New Here... from Las Vegas

Here is where we ask you to introduce yourself, and offer a name people will know you by.

New Here... from Las Vegas

Postby Bikerbusk » June 10th, 2021, 5:53 pm

62 year old male living in North Las Vegas trying to get a style in my glass. My Background is really different then most, Industrial X-Ray tech, heavy equipment operator, Pitchman at fairs & home shows, Circus trained Clown, ( then my dad told me if I don’t pay into system I wouldn’t get social security at 62 ) So became a industrial in field chemical engineer.
3 years ago I told the company I worked for [ I hate you & you hate me and in that why don’t you just pay me to leave this company. ] and they did.

While working for that company, I did side gigs in shows here in Las Vegas as clown & character, also did my own stuff on strip giving Bad Advice for a dollar playing my Handpans

After I left job I started a Motercycle Tow service, but failed only do to Insuranse company’s. Started at 600 a month, then 1,300 and then closed it when price went to 1,700 a month. But it’s all Ok I have a 2018 Ram 2500 HD truck, with Hydraulic system payed for, to help my downed biker friends , but mainly now use to haul my oxygen. ( and for my friends shop in order to get under his umbrella for oxygen price brake )

I got hyptnatised with Eyes after seeing Game of Throwns. And wanted to make those in glass that’s what I’ve been doing for 2 1/2 years. Have took a bunch of classes in Flame working in that time, and just trying to get a style with Monsters & Eyes. While I was getting my skill level up and putting my shop together here at house.

4 1/2 car garage with glass lathe, 50 watt water cooled laser and now I see for myself in my retirement that I have to incorporate sandcarving into my finished End products along with incorporating Stringer stacks for Millie’s to do totally different themed pieces.

I have major PTSD when I get confined with large groups due to Head Trama, but staying active and the art-c-fart-c part of glass has helped me.

What I want with the sandcarving & Laser is get with global circle of like minded persons, so I don’t end up spinning my wheels not accomplishing or/and spending cash I didn’t need to spend.going broke listening to assertive sells people that becomes a little to intrusive in making monthly quotas.
Bikerbusk

Re: New Here... from Las Vegas

Postby JESS » June 10th, 2021, 9:16 pm

Well, if you had left a name, I would use it. Thank you for a proper introduction, and welcome to the forum.
Sounds to me like you have your STUFF together pretty well. I don't yet know how much we can help, you seem to have your own niche. Everything you want to know about sandblasting is here, and a good few folk who would enjoy exploring what's useful to you. Everybody here loves pictures, so when you want suggestions, photos help.
Long ago scooter trash-
Jess
TAZ3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JESS
Site Admin

Postby Bikerbusk » June 11th, 2021, 8:28 am

Sorry ... it’s Roy
Bikerbusk

Postby Charles » June 12th, 2021, 7:02 am

Roy welcome to the forum, Jess just told ya howdy, you need to look at what he does and is doing, he is a master working glass!!! I am always inn awe of his work, there are many other very talented folks on here working different materials....Pictures are a big +

Charles
Charles Mckenzie
McKenzie Monuments Inc.
3450 N. St. Louis St.
Batesville, AR 72501
870-793-3216
Charles

Postby Eriks » June 15th, 2021, 12:48 am

Hi Roy,

Greetings from Australia, and welcome to the forum.

Cheers,
Eriks
Benchmark Engraving & Awards - Australia

and also:
Eriks

Postby David Takes » June 30th, 2021, 2:52 pm

Hi Roy, your life and career have certainly been very adventurous. While not a direct route, it appears you have still made it to retirement with a vision of how you would like it to look. You will find folks here willing to share their knowledge. Ask and you might get surprised.
David Takes
Expressions Engraved
St. Joseph, Missouri
David Takes

Return to The Parlor