New Here... from Las Vegas

Here is where we ask you to introduce yourself, and offer a name people will know you by.

New Here... from Las Vegas

Postby Bikerbusk » June 10th, 2021, 5:53 pm

62 year old male living in North Las Vegas trying to get a style in my glass. My Background is really different then most, Industrial X-Ray tech, heavy equipment operator, Pitchman at fairs & home shows, Circus trained Clown, ( then my dad told me if I don’t pay into system I wouldn’t get social security at 62 ) So became a industrial in field chemical engineer.
3 years ago I told the company I worked for [ I hate you & you hate me and in that why don’t you just pay me to leave this company. ] and they did.

While working for that company, I did side gigs in shows here in Las Vegas as clown & character, also did my own stuff on strip giving Bad Advice for a dollar playing my Handpans

After I left job I started a Motercycle Tow service, but failed only do to Insuranse company’s. Started at 600 a month, then 1,300 and then closed it when price went to 1,700 a month. But it’s all Ok I have a 2018 Ram 2500 HD truck, with Hydraulic system payed for, to help my downed biker friends , but mainly now use to haul my oxygen. ( and for my friends shop in order to get under his umbrella for oxygen price brake )

I got hyptnatised with Eyes after seeing Game of Throwns. And wanted to make those in glass that’s what I’ve been doing for 2 1/2 years. Have took a bunch of classes in Flame working in that time, and just trying to get a style with Monsters & Eyes. While I was getting my skill level up and putting my shop together here at house.

4 1/2 car garage with glass lathe, 50 watt water cooled laser and now I see for myself in my retirement that I have to incorporate sandcarving into my finished End products along with incorporating Stringer stacks for Millie’s to do totally different themed pieces.

I have major PTSD when I get confined with large groups due to Head Trama, but staying active and the art-c-fart-c part of glass has helped me.

What I want with the sandcarving & Laser is get with global circle of like minded persons, so I don’t end up spinning my wheels not accomplishing or/and spending cash I didn’t need to spend.going broke listening to assertive sells people that becomes a little to intrusive in making monthly quotas.
Bikerbusk

Re: New Here... from Las Vegas

Postby JESS » June 10th, 2021, 9:16 pm

Well, if you had left a name, I would use it. Thank you for a proper introduction, and welcome to the forum.
Sounds to me like you have your STUFF together pretty well. I don't yet know how much we can help, you seem to have your own niche. Everything you want to know about sandblasting is here, and a good few folk who would enjoy exploring what's useful to you. Everybody here loves pictures, so when you want suggestions, photos help.
Long ago scooter trash-
Jess
TAZ3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JESS
Site Admin

Postby Bikerbusk » June 11th, 2021, 8:28 am

Sorry ... it’s Roy
Bikerbusk

Postby Charles » June 12th, 2021, 7:02 am

Roy welcome to the forum, Jess just told ya howdy, you need to look at what he does and is doing, he is a master working glass!!! I am always inn awe of his work, there are many other very talented folks on here working different materials....Pictures are a big +

Charles
Charles Mckenzie
McKenzie Monuments Inc.
3450 N. St. Louis St.
Batesville, AR 72501
870-793-3216
Charles

Postby Eriks » June 15th, 2021, 12:48 am

Hi Roy,

Greetings from Australia, and welcome to the forum.

Cheers,
Eriks
Benchmark Engraving & Awards - Australia
http://www.benchmarkengraving.com.au
and also:
http://www.bluestreaksix.com
Eriks

Return to The Parlor