• Advertisement

Craft show ideas

This is for discussion of all topics of interest to our members.
  • Advertisement

Craft show ideas

Postby NikkiInMd » July 22nd, 2010, 7:09 am

Hi all,

Just wondering what everyone makes up for craft shows?

I am trying to get some ideas together... I have some sayings that I put on glass which work out nice. I will have to post them later to share. My Mom is here and we are headed out to run some errands.

Later all :)
NikkiInMd

Re: Craft show ideas

Postby KBrownlee » July 22nd, 2010, 8:48 am

Nikki,
The few that I have done, I have done a little of everything. Some animals, flowers, sayings, POW-MIA, motorcycle stuff, goth, chirstmas items etc. Everything from mirrors, mugs, framed items, vases, an example of name plates, business card holders, shot glasses.

Kerri in Arkansas
KBrownlee
2011 Flake-Of-The-Year Contest Winner

Postby Kiko » July 22nd, 2010, 10:36 am

Hi Nikki,

Another nice idea is to sell small wood jewelry boxes with inlaid 4.25" etched tiles. I use the $0.38 ones from HD in all kinds of colors, and people seem to like them... I don't do crafts fairs, but when I do exhibits, they're one of the first items people pick up. I choose designs that people around here like, mostly geometric patterns, flowers, Kanji symbols. If they're reasonable priced, I think they will sell well. Good luck! Kiko :TU:
Ikonics Navigator, CrystalBlast, SandCarver II. I/R compressors, pencil blaster, Somaca belt sander. Kilns, flat lap, Revolution XT saw. Nuarc 40-1K, Illy & CD, Graphtec 30" plotter. Iwata airbrush, Wacom Intuos 3. Nikon D90 camera.
Kiko

Postby Coppers Lot » July 22nd, 2010, 10:39 am

Kiko wrote:Hi Nikki,

Another nice idea is to sell small wood jewelry boxes with inlaid 4.25" etched tiles. I use the $0.38 ones from HD in all kinds of colors, and people seem to like them... I don't do crafts fairs, but when I do exhibits, they're one of the first items people pick up. I choose designs that people around here like, mostly geometric patterns, flowers, Kanji symbols. If they're reasonable priced, I think they will sell well. Good luck! Kiko :TU:

Please excuse my ignorance.
HD?
40lb pressure pot with inga mods, compressor,leaky cabinet thingy with syphon,letralite with red thingy,graphtec 3000-60 BRAND NEW = 1/8" PAB Gun and tips. Special Pressure Poy for Xmas.
http://www.worldofglasscraft.com
Coppers Lot

Postby Tom Kuhn » July 22nd, 2010, 10:44 am

Coppers Lot wrote:Please excuse my ignorance.
HD?

Tony, I think she's referring to Home Depot, a big-box hardware store in the states...

Image   Software Engineer & Webmaster
Aspiring Sandcarver
Woodworking hobbiest
Full-time Grandfather.

My Photo Gallery

Tom Kuhn
Site Admin

Postby gemsbym » July 22nd, 2010, 12:13 pm

Hi Nikki,

I've bought beveled crosses from etched world and etched words from the bible on them. They go every fast when I do craft fairs. When I get home, I'll try to remember to post a pic.
Miriam :)
gemsbym

Postby KBrownlee » July 22nd, 2010, 12:33 pm

great idea~

Kerri in Arkansas
KBrownlee

Postby Kiko » July 23rd, 2010, 9:51 am

Sorry Tony,

Yes, HD is Home Depot. Sorry, I forgot about our buds across the pond when I wrote that. Cheers, Kiko
Ikonics Navigator, CrystalBlast, SandCarver II. I/R compressors, pencil blaster, Somaca belt sander. Kilns, flat lap, Revolution XT saw. Nuarc 40-1K, Illy & CD, Graphtec 30" plotter. Iwata airbrush, Wacom Intuos 3. Nikon D90 camera.
Kiko

Postby Coppers Lot » July 23rd, 2010, 10:33 am

Thanks for that Tom and Kiko.
40lb pressure pot with inga mods, compressor,leaky cabinet thingy with syphon,letralite with red thingy,graphtec 3000-60 BRAND NEW = 1/8" PAB Gun and tips. Special Pressure Poy for Xmas.
http://www.worldofglasscraft.com
Coppers Lot

Postby Kelly Harris » July 23rd, 2010, 12:36 pm

Kiko, is there a specific box that you purchase that can incorporate the tile or do you remove the excess material yourself?

Kelly
PS CS2, CD X4, Acer laptop, Canon 700F scanner, HP laserjet 1600 printer, Epson Stylus 1400 printer, Intuos 4 tablet, Letralite, Summa D610 plotter, 2 cabinets, 2 pressure pots, 60 gallon air compressor, Fuji S8100 DSLR.

Kelegant Studios
Kelly Harris

Next

Return to Can we Talk !