• Advertisement

Help needed

• Advertisement

Help needed

Postby wayne p » May 2nd, 2013, 12:41 pm

I have been using LXi master for design and cutting with the plotter (vinyl express GRC 60) that I purchased. When working in the program and cutting it does fine. Whenever I get a drawing from somewhere else (I'm using Corel X%) and bring it into the LX program it creates a double line when I go to cut. Like a letter that needs fill. Is there someway to cut directly from my corel program? is there some inexpensive software that will let me do this? I've tried loading the plotter as a printer but it still doesn't cut get a Hp/GL-2 error. Signwarehouse was no help whree i bought the equipment.
wayne p

Re: Help needed

Postby Terry W » May 2nd, 2013, 12:55 pm

Wayne I was cutting direct from corel to my copam for years until I had a random cut down the middle of a roll of 310. I now use sign cut pro. I think it's 60 a year. I figure it saves me a roll of mask if I don't have to worry.
Terry
Terry W

Re: Help needed

Postby airrat » May 8th, 2013, 9:31 am

I get some problems like that too when taking .ai files and putting them into my plotter program. I am using winPCSign. I had to upgrade it to a later version to help out.

Now what I get is a "double" image sometimes. I just ungroup the image and delete what is doubled and then "alt I" to change the cut direction back to same. Not sure if that is the same as your problem.
Tom
Chandler Az
airrat

Return to Cutting/Sign Software