• Advertisement

where did my 'save' button go?

• Advertisement

where did my 'save' button go?

Postby Roger Jerome » October 1st, 2017, 7:27 am

Hi Folks:
I'm using Coreldraw Graphic Suite X7. Yesterday after outline tracing I noticed that the save functions (at the bottom of screen) are no longer there. Has anyone else experienced such a thing and any ideas how to fix?
Thanks for any suggestions offered...

Cheers
Roger
Roger Jerome

Re: where did my 'save' button go?

Postby Terry W » October 1st, 2017, 8:03 am

Roger "Ctrl S" is a save hotkey.

Can you do a screen shot. I don't have any save buttons on the bottom of my screen so wondering how you have yours set up?

You may have accidentally turned off something and screen shot would help figure what you turned off.

If you changed your monitor res sometimes the buttons go larger and that makes other buttons not fit so they are off screen? There would be little double arrows in the toolbar if that happens. Click on the double arrows to see what tools are off screen.

If the original toolbar is there right click in a blank area in the toolbar and check to see that it's still checked. If not than you can re insert into the toolbar.

I would suggest locking the toolbars after you get things set again. You can also save your workspace as custom. Lots of info on the net about that.

Usually something simple.
Terry
Terry W

Postby Roger Jerome » October 2nd, 2017, 9:30 am

Thank you Terry. My screen resolution is 1280x720. Would reducing that help possibly? Here is a screenshot (my granddaughter did it for her old Luddite grandpa).

Appreciate your help very much

Roger
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Roger Jerome

Postby Terry W » October 2nd, 2017, 9:51 am

Roger looking at your screen it looks like you have enlarged it past the computer screen size. First thing to try is click on the little square in the upper right, next to the X. Make sure your in the powertrace workspace, not the corel workspace. That is the min/max button. It that doesn't get your powertrace to fit than try mousing over to the top or side of the power trace screen and see if your mouse turns to a 2 sided arrow than just drag that screen to a size that fits.

Looks like everything is there, just past your screen size. Have you changed settings recently?
Terry
Terry W

Postby Roger Jerome » October 2nd, 2017, 11:24 am

Thanks so much Terry.....It seems to be working now.....I changed the text size to default (somehow in another senior moment I must have changed it to large?)
I do like my Coreldraw and hopefully won't inflict any more glitches on it in future

Cheers

Roger
Roger Jerome

Postby Terry W » October 2nd, 2017, 2:36 pm

Glad your back. I have done that myself, ctrl and scroll wheel will enlarge or shrink the screen and I hit that by mistake a lot. hehe

Corel X7 is decent, X8 has bugs and crashes so I would stay clear of that and I have not used 2017 yet so can't say on that version.
Terry
Terry W

Return to Corel Draw/Graphics Suite