• Advertisement

CorelDRAW X8

• Advertisement

CorelDRAW X8

Postby Kelly Harris » September 16th, 2016, 8:08 am

I'm currently using X4. Is there any benefit to upgrading to X8? I received a notice that I can upgrade for $174.00 CA, not sure if that's a deal.
PS CS2, CD X4, Acer laptop, Canon 700F scanner, HP laserjet 1600 printer, Epson Stylus 1400 printer, Intuos 4 tablet, Letralite, Summa D610 plotter, 2 cabinets, 2 pressure pots, 60 gallon air compressor, Fuji S8100 DSLR.

Kelegant Studios
Kelly Harris

Re: CorelDRAW X8

Postby kuluchicken » September 16th, 2016, 3:09 pm

I'd do it if I were you. It will be more expensive at a later stage. It's the only program I keep updated.
kuluchicken

Postby Kelly Harris » September 16th, 2016, 7:06 pm

Michele, do you upgrade every version?
PS CS2, CD X4, Acer laptop, Canon 700F scanner, HP laserjet 1600 printer, Epson Stylus 1400 printer, Intuos 4 tablet, Letralite, Summa D610 plotter, 2 cabinets, 2 pressure pots, 60 gallon air compressor, Fuji S8100 DSLR.

Kelegant Studios
Kelly Harris

Postby Eriks » September 17th, 2016, 2:23 am

Hi Kelly,

I was running X4 until a couple of months ago. As my computer was starting to fail, it was time for a new one including an upgrade to Windows 10. Of course X4 won't work under windows 10 so decided this was a good excuse to upgrade to X8 rather than going back to windows 7. The most obvious change is that the menus and where to find things in X8 have changed, and I can't help feeling some things take more mouse clicks to happen than they used to, so this has been a little bit frustrating. Ironically after a couple of months, I'm still using the same old tools I used to with the old version. As I've been kept busy getting customers orders out the door I just haven't had time to look into what else is new and useful.

However one thing that has made a big difference is that the newer version will open up newer versions of EPS an AI files. I think for this reason alone it's well worth upgrading every few years to be able to keep up with customers who send you their logo files saved in the latest versions of Adobe.

Cheers,
Eriks
Benchmark Engraving & Awards - Australia
http://www.benchmarkengraving.com.au
and also:
http://www.bluestreaksix.com
Eriks

Postby kuluchicken » September 18th, 2016, 7:45 pm

Hi Kelly, yes, this is the only program I make sure I keep up to date. I'm actually on a yearly subscription with Corel, so I get all the upgrades and updates as they come out. I refuse to do that for any other program.
kuluchicken

Return to Corel Draw/Graphics Suite