• Advertisement

Help with Corel X7 please

• Advertisement

Help with Corel X7 please

Postby Jim McDaniel » January 20th, 2016, 4:56 pm

I am learning to trace/draw with Corel X7. Now the issue i am having is when i go to print the image out. I am setting everything to all black and as black as i can find to make it. What i am seeing in the print is the trace lines always look darker than the fill areas. Please tell me what i am doing wrong. I keep trying but feel i am doing nothing but wasting ink. I,m using and Epson 1400 with the same setting i used with Illy. I have attached a simple file as and example.
Thanks for the help
Jim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim McDaniel

Re: Help with Corel X7 please

Postby JESS » January 20th, 2016, 5:13 pm

Jim-
There doesn't seem to be much there. Corel is not my "go to" program, so the problem might be on my end. Will experiment, and get back to you.
Jess

Note- Try saving it in x5, it might be too new for my program.
JESS
Site Admin

Postby Donna » January 20th, 2016, 6:06 pm

When I open it in x3 there is nothing there. Saving it as an older version may help.
SummaCut D60, SignTools3, CorelDraw X3, compressor, HF cabinet, 40 lb. HF pressure pot, home made UV exposure unit, PAB gun, ....... more to come
Donna

Postby Jim McDaniel » January 20th, 2016, 6:58 pm

Thanks Jess and Donna for looking. Not sure how to save to x3 it only shows versions. I saved it from a version 17 to 11 hope that works.

Jim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim McDaniel

Postby JESS » January 20th, 2016, 7:30 pm

Jim-
What I got is a circle, with an inline open area. I don't see where the problem is, it prints out ok here. Maybe we need more details?
Jess

McDANIEL.jpg

Here's a PDF of the same file.
McDANIEL.pdf
JESS
Site Admin

Postby Donna » January 20th, 2016, 7:46 pm

It printed fine on my laser printer too. The problem may be in the overprint setting on your printer. I got the same pic as Jess, but it is made up of 5 circles, some are overlapping and may be printing twice.
Untitled-11.JPG
SummaCut D60, SignTools3, CorelDraw X3, compressor, HF cabinet, 40 lb. HF pressure pot, home made UV exposure unit, PAB gun, ....... more to come
Donna

Postby Donna » January 20th, 2016, 7:54 pm

Actually, I just took another look at those rings and the first three are 100, 100, 100, 100, and the last two are 75, 68, 65, 90. That could make all the difference on an inkjet.
Donna

Postby Donna » January 20th, 2016, 7:57 pm

Sorry folks, thinking as I go along here and can't find how to edit my original post to add things in. lol

You really don't need the last three rings anyway. The first two create the object.
Donna

Postby Terry W » January 20th, 2016, 8:03 pm

Jim I just opened your file and when I opened the file by clicking on it, it opened as it should in corel x7. When I tried to drag and drop it had a yin/yang image that was pretty pixilated. So there may be an issue with your file. The circles also has one or 2 outlines that are not dark enough but you have to brake things apart to see that. Most of the other elements of the circle are fine but if it's printing an overlaping piece that is more gray it may be muddying up the print?

What file exactly are you trying to print? The yin/yang or just the circles?

Also in a previous post I mentioned I had found that some update on my computer had changed something and I had to go back and find new color settings for black. I was using a combination in cmyk but had to change to rgb black to get the darkest. Your 100, 100, 100, 100 in cmyk looks to be the same so that part should be good. Except like I mentioned you do have some outlines in the circles that are not black so that may cause you an issue.

I have changed my default settings for fill and outline colors to be black so unless I change for something specific every element I draw is black for washout.

For future reference if you go to save as when saving you can go down to the file type and save to an earlier corel version and it will go back to default x7 for the next save as.

Also make sure your printer is free from any clogs. Run a nozzle check as that printer is known for clogging. When I try and dial in a printer for washout I will just create a 1/2" or 3/4" square with a 4 pt outline. Start with it in the upper left and make your print. Now if it's fine great but if you have to change things then just move the square over some and print to the same sheet. Do this until your dialed in. Move to the right each time so its past where the other square was. If you have to do a new line fine. It's much cheaper to dial in your printer and use some ink instead of printing off graphics a bunch of times trying to dial it in.

What kind of film are you printing to? Is this an issue that just started? Just with this file or with any file? Is this film you have been using and it has printed fine before? Or is this a new brand or model # film? Manufacturers have been known to change formulas.
Terry
Terry W

Postby David Takes » January 21st, 2016, 7:26 am

What you may be seeing is the difference between a CMYK Black and an RGB Black. In CorelDRAW you will get the darkest black with an RGB black. I would suggest setting your line and fill defaults to RGB, along with making your color palate docker RGB.
David Takes
Expressions Engraved
St. Joseph, Missouri
http://www.expressionsengraved.com
David Takes

Next

Return to Corel Draw/Graphics Suite