• Advertisement

Help with Corel X7 please

• Advertisement

Re: Help with Corel X7 please

Postby Jim McDaniel » January 21st, 2016, 7:46 am

Thanks everybody for the help. The image i supplied is just and example with out going into to much detail. The drawn or traced outlines to form the circles is where i am seeing the problem with them being printed darker than the rest of the image. The film i am using i have used for a while with no problems, Same with the printer. I have done print checks and cleaned printer even though it looks fine. I can open other files that i have purchased or was created in Illustrator and print with no problems it just seam to be if i try and redraw in Corel. I am fairly sure its me and my lack of knowledge and experience in Corel. I will look at the RGB vs CMKY settings as suggested. i have also attaced another image that i hope with show more of what i am seeing.

Again Thanks for the help
Jim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim McDaniel

Postby Kelly Harris » January 21st, 2016, 7:57 am

I got the same as Donna when opened in X4. 2 of the 5 circles are a different colour. In case you don't know of this function, click on View - Wireframe and you'll see everything. You can also capture the drawing and it will tell you at the bottom of the screen that you've selected 5 objects. Another thing to add if you don't know, one of the circles (rings) has a line thickness, if you sent it to a cutter it would only cut a single ring (which you can easily see when viewing in Wireframe). The ring would need to be converted to an object and then it would cut the inner and outer ring. The thickest ring is a completely different story. When you convert that one to an object it gives you 6 rings. Both are reasons why I never use the line thickness tool and always the contour tool. It's very handy for many things, one of them being fonts that require fattening up a little. Play around with Weld, Trim, Front Minus Back, Back Minus Front, etc. Once you've mastered those you'll find yourself using them all the time!

I know that none of that helps with your printing issue but hope I've given you a little something that you didn't know. :grin:
PS CS2, CD X4, Acer laptop, Canon 700F scanner, HP laserjet 1600 printer, Epson Stylus 1400 printer, Intuos 4 tablet, Letralite, Summa D610 plotter, 2 cabinets, 2 pressure pots, 60 gallon air compressor, Fuji S8100 DSLR.

Kelegant Studios
Kelly Harris

Postby Terry W » January 21st, 2016, 8:20 am

Jim I just opened the paw print you posted. It comes up with a CMYK color. The combination is similar to what I used before but it is not black enough now (as per my old post on colors changing due to an update on the computer) You may have the same issue. Something was updated and changed the color output on my system.

Go back to your drawings and as has been stated change the elements both fill color and outline color to RGB black. You need them to match or it will give a different output color. I tend to just turn outlines to none for washout as I do more detail and very small text so I like the little extra open space between letter centers and small elements.
Terry
Terry W

Postby Jim McDaniel » January 26th, 2016, 9:44 am

I want to thank everyone for the help it is very much appreciated. My problem was with the CMYK vs RBG. Changed everything to RBG and printed and washed out with no problem. Is there a way to change Corel so the default is RBG all the time with out having to select it every time?
Again thank everyone for the help.
Jim
Jim McDaniel

Postby Terry W » January 26th, 2016, 11:19 am

Glad you got it sorted Jim

I had the same issue not that long ago. Same settings, same film and something didn't work anymore. I figured something was updated and I have auto updates turned off for everything but still something got past. Even when I look at the cmyk and rgb colors side by side I can't tell the difference but my printer does.. Go figure.

Glad your going again. :TU:

Oh,,,, updates suck. :S:
Terry
Terry W

Postby Terry W » January 27th, 2016, 8:32 am

Jim open a blank document and change the colors. Go to tools, customization, document, general. There is a place there to change the default color to RGB. Click ok. I usually go back and hit tools, save as default and then double check to see the default settings stuck. Make a square and pick a fill color and then just check to see what color it is by double clicking the fill and line tabs at the bottom right.
Terry
Terry W

Postby Jim McDaniel » February 4th, 2016, 11:23 am

Thanks Terry. Now one more question. If i do this how dose it handle files saved as Illustrator that i am converting over? So far i am having to go in and change all these files to RGB one at a time.
Thanks
Jim
Jim McDaniel

Previous

Return to Corel Draw/Graphics Suite