• Advertisement

getting artwork-need help

• Advertisement

Re: getting artwork-need help

Postby KikiTopaz » January 10th, 2016, 8:30 pm

Here's further work I've done on the image. I took out the wispy things (fronds?) and used a frame instead. I've got time so this is a work in progress. I was just given the wedding date tonight.
Kari
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Corelx6 graphic suite, Ingersoll Rand 60gal air compressor, Ikonics Crystal blast Pro cabinet.
Kari aka KikiTopaz
http://www.mainstreet-etch.com
KikiTopaz

Postby JESS » January 10th, 2016, 9:12 pm

Just a head's up-
I've gotten in trouble for putting the Bride's name first. Only once, but now I ask.
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby bernie » January 11th, 2016, 10:34 am

What are you putting this design on?

I prefer the 1st layout because there is more open space. The first design does not need to be in a frame so it kind of free flows. I like the design in the second one but the frame seems too heavy and it
seems to grab my eye first, taking away from the design and the names. My opinion only.

As for the gals name before the guy ... things have definitely changed and I also ask before I sandblast.

I'm doing a wedding gift at the moment and her mother gave me the info with their daughters name first. When I asked who's name was first, after her and her hubby having a decision ... they decided to
put the son-in-laws name first.

Bernie
bernie

Postby KikiTopaz » January 11th, 2016, 6:00 pm

Bernie,
I'm blasting this on one of Jess's Starphire glass pieces. Did I get that wrong? It's 6x9 and 3/8". I plan on illuminating it. I have a few ideas for an led base. I think everyone is right about the man's name first, dumb as that is, but I fight authority, authority always wins. :RO: I'll work on it some more.
Kiki
Corelx6 graphic suite, Ingersoll Rand 60gal air compressor, Ikonics Crystal blast Pro cabinet.
Kari aka KikiTopaz
http://www.mainstreet-etch.com
KikiTopaz

Postby David Takes » January 12th, 2016, 7:10 am

The bride's name goes first on everything pre-wedding such as save-the-date cards, invitations, etc. Post-wedding, the groom’s name typically goes first. If the item is a gift that is going to be used or displayed primarily after the wedding, I would put the groom's name first, even if the gift is given at a wedding shower prior to the wedding date. Armed with this information, I still ask the customer what they want. Most of them don't know and I yield to the above information for them to make their decision.
David Takes
Expressions Engraved
St. Joseph, Missouri
http://www.expressionsengraved.com
David Takes

Previous

Return to Corel Draw/Graphics Suite