• Advertisement

How to?

• Advertisement

How to?

Postby Daryl » November 2nd, 2013, 9:07 am

I have a small 8" dish i want to engrave a message on to,the dish is not flat it has a bevel to it how do I make the mask that it will lay in the rim of the dish?
Daryl

Re: How to?

Postby kuluchicken » November 2nd, 2013, 12:48 pm

If you are using vinyl cut-outs and there are curves, you can cut v's into your vinyl till fairly close to your image. You can tape it up afterwards to protect the glass. The photo resists as a lot more flexible, sometimes I do it with them too. I hope I understood you correctly. There are people on this forum that have a lot more experience. I normally work on flat glass.
kuluchicken

Postby Terry W » November 2nd, 2013, 1:08 pm

Daryl here is a nice tutorial http://azglassclasses.com/portal/tutorialfitting-text-on-a-tapered-cylinder/ for tapered items. If your looking for something for a plate lip or similar there is a curve guide somewhere floating around.
What I do is lay some transfer tape on the item and them mark with my marking gauge. Now you can line up the curve gauge and see what your curve needs to be. Make a curve in your drawing program and put your text on the curve. I generally print out a copy on paper, cut it out and make sure it fits as needed before cutting or making mask. Couldn't find the curve gauge sorry. This is what I do anyway. Hope that helps a little.
Terry
Terry W

Postby Daryl » November 2nd, 2013, 2:59 pm

How do you do that on a plate?
Daryl

Postby Terry W » November 2nd, 2013, 3:29 pm

Daryl I can't find the circle layout form. It's basically a page you can print out with a bunch of different radii on it. Lay it over the curve and line up to the closest on the sheet. Should be a good starting point.

Plates are fairly easy though if it's a 10" plate you can just make your curve a little smaller, print it and line it up to see how close you are. Adjust as needed. After you do a few you'll get the hang of it.

I did this in about 30 seconds with Corel x3

Sorry, I loaded a PDF thinking you could see without downloading it. Here is JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Terry
Terry W

Return to Corel Draw/Graphics Suite