• Advertisement

Another how to question

• Advertisement

Another how to question

Postby Jim McDaniel » April 1st, 2013, 11:10 am

Not sure i will ask this right but here goes. I am trying to trace some eyes and i do the outer parts with i lids. Then the inner eye on a different layer. Now i can move the layers around and see all that i have traced but i though that by putting the inner layer in the back that the part of the eye behind the lid would be gone but the whole thing disappears. How do i make just the bottom half of the eye visable?

I am not asking anyone to fix this for me just give me some instructions so i can learn by doing. Point me in the right direction please.

Thanks
Jim

PS
Have attached what i am working on.
Jim McDaniel

Re: Another how to question

Postby Kelly Harris » April 1st, 2013, 5:39 pm

Deleted what I previously posted, I just realized that you're using Illustrator not CorelDRAW. My instructions were for CorelDRAW. Sorry.
PS CS2, CD X4, Acer laptop, Canon 700F scanner, HP laserjet 1600 printer, Epson Stylus 1400 printer, Intuos 4 tablet, Letralite, Summa D610 plotter, 2 cabinets, 2 pressure pots, 60 gallon air compressor, Fuji S8100 DSLR.

Kelegant Studios
Kelly Harris

Postby Rich » April 2nd, 2013, 12:17 pm

What software are you using? If the object(s) are filled then the order of the layers will be important. If you are not using layers then you can order them by using the arrange object feature.
Rich

Postby JESS » April 2nd, 2013, 1:35 pm

Rich-
I liked the other avatar better. You look FAT in this one. ;)
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby bernie » April 2nd, 2013, 4:33 pm

JESS wrote:Rich-
Jess

Cute kitty! And, it does not appear to be fat.

The kitty looks like its either sitting in a bathroom sink or in a cat bed. Look closer Jess ... :lol:

Bernie
bernie

Postby JESS » April 2nd, 2013, 5:35 pm

Yeah, you're right. (as always, according to Shane), but I still prefer his actual face, as opposed to looking like a -----CAT! :Crazy:
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby Rich » April 2nd, 2013, 6:55 pm

JESS wrote:Rich-
Jess

That is Chandler. He was (past tense) a gorgeous 100% Burmese cat who came to live with us with Misha (see pic below) mid 2012. We adopted them from a shelter and they were a lot of fun. But Misha all of a sudden died (cancer) and then a month later Chandler became very ill. I won't go in to all of the details but Chandler didn't make it either after a lot of time and money with the vet's. I still miss both of them and, yes, Chandler is sitting in the bathroom sink where he went every morning to watch my wife prepare for her day.

Sorry to hijack your thread.

Misha-Chandler.jpg

chandler-lowres.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rich

Postby Stroh's Engraving » April 4th, 2013, 9:58 am

See, when you get to that age like Jess, you have earned your right to just speak your mind and tell it like it is. JK Jess. You're the bestest!!
Stroh's Engraving

Return to Adobe Illustrator/Creative Suite