• Advertisement

issues with site

• Advertisement

issues with site

Postby Terry W » March 23rd, 2012, 6:51 pm

I picked up a worm virus a couple weeks ago. It's clear now but for some reason when I am on this site only when I try going from page to page it takes forever.
On the bottom of my screen in the info bar it says "transferring data from download,skype.com". I don't have skype loaded on this computer so what might be happening?

Thanks for any help.

Terry
Terry
Terry W

Re: issues with site

Postby Tom Kuhn » March 24th, 2012, 7:06 am

Terry, we've implemented a module add-in to the forum that does indicate a user's Skype status if that person has identified a Skype ID in his user control panel. It was installed a LONG time ago (June 19, 2010) and hasn't been modded since then. There's nothing new been done to the forum. That being said, with the Skype mod, the forum isn't downloading anything, it's actually accessing a Skype API and the API isn't accessed from the URL you're seeing.

Sounds to me as if it could be that you still have some kind of worm or something that's skimming the page being displayed for e-mail addresses or other information it could glean and it's displaying that text in the status bar to mask its presence.

Image   Software Engineer & Webmaster
Aspiring Sandcarver
Woodworking hobbiest
Full-time Grandfather.

My Photo Gallery

Tom Kuhn
Site Admin

Return to Windows O/S