• Advertisement

What Footswitch to Buy

• Advertisement

What Footswitch to Buy

Postby ddamico361 » June 28th, 2015, 6:39 pm

Hello everyone. A new member here from upstate NY. I have been adding sandblasting equipment as time and cash allowed. I have most of what I need aside from an electrical outlet Image (coming soon). I have been reading quite a lot of instructional material and YouTube videos and there are many positive suggestions on using a footswitch, I think I should invest in one. I must admit that my main source of purchasing is through Amazon. They have several that have decent customer reviews. The two I am seriously considering is...
Image Image
---Amico-FV-02pos-Pedal-------Amico-FV-320-Pedal

Does anyone use either one of these and are they decent to good quality? Cost is around $17 for either.

Thank you in advance for your comments,
David D.
David from western / upstate NY. Equipment-Husky 60gal compressor, 20gal pressure pot, small blast cabinet, Titan 15" vinyl cutter.
ddamico361

Re: What Footswitch to Buy

Postby Kelly Harris » June 28th, 2015, 6:46 pm

Hi David, I've never seen or heard of those before. Can you give us some specs on them?
PS CS2, CD X4, Acer laptop, Canon 700F scanner, HP laserjet 1600 printer, Epson Stylus 1400 printer, Intuos 4 tablet, Letralite, Summa D610 plotter, 2 cabinets, 2 pressure pots, 60 gallon air compressor, Fuji S8100 DSLR.

Kelegant Studios
Kelly Harris

Postby ddamico361 » June 28th, 2015, 6:58 pm

Hi Kelly. Here's what I got off Amazon...

All gray
Product Name : Pneumatic Foot Valve;Model : FV-320; Type : 2 Position 3 Way
Structure : Foot Control;Operation : Direct Acting; : PT 1/4" (12mm)
Working Pressure : 1.5-8kgf/cm2;Overall Size (Approx.) : 12.4 x 7.8 x 5.2cm / 4.9" x 3.1" x 2.1" (L*W*H)
Material : Metal; Color : Silver Tone, Black

Silver with rubber pad
Product Name : Pneumatic Foot Pedal Valve;Model : FV-02;Type : 2 Way 2 Position
Material : Metal, Plastic;Color : Silver Tone;Power : Manual
Media : Air; Structure : Foot Control;Port Diameter: 1/4"
Action : Direct type;Working Pressure : 0-8 Kgf / cm²;Working Temperature : 5-50 degree
Total Size (Approx.) : 10 x 11.5x 5.5cm/ 3.9" x 4.5" x 2.2"(L x Max. W x T);Weight : 358g

Both list the connections as 1/4" so the ID is probably a bit more than 1/8". I'm leaning toward the all grey. Other suggestions are welcomed.

David D.
David from western / upstate NY. Equipment-Husky 60gal compressor, 20gal pressure pot, small blast cabinet, Titan 15" vinyl cutter.
ddamico361

Postby Kelly Harris » June 28th, 2015, 7:54 pm

Okay so I'm not totally up on these things and had to look up the difference between a 2 way and 3 way.

http://www.pneumadyne.com/faq.php?cat=1

Looks to me like you wouldn't want the 3 way but hopefully someone else will chime in.
PS CS2, CD X4, Acer laptop, Canon 700F scanner, HP laserjet 1600 printer, Epson Stylus 1400 printer, Intuos 4 tablet, Letralite, Summa D610 plotter, 2 cabinets, 2 pressure pots, 60 gallon air compressor, Fuji S8100 DSLR.

Kelegant Studios
Kelly Harris

Postby ddamico361 » June 28th, 2015, 8:18 pm

Kelly Harris wrote:Okay so I'm not totally up on these things and had to look up the difference between a 2 way and 3 way.

http://www.pneumadyne.com/faq.php?cat=1

Looks to me like you wouldn't want the 3 way but hopefully someone else will chime in.

Yes, the chart you pointed me to explained the airflow well. I decided on the two way petal. I found the same item on eBay for a better price... although shipped from overseas. For the price, I am willing to give it a try. Thank you Kelly.

DavidD.
ddamico361

Postby Terry W » June 28th, 2015, 8:32 pm

Hi David welcome to the forum

What equipment are you using. Pressure pot?? You also need a pinch valve for the foot pedal.

You have more air going to the pinch valve then you do the pressure pot. When you depress the peddle it opens the pinch valve letting grit and air pass.

I think there is a diagram floating around somewhere. It's late for me right now so if you don't find it I'll see what I can come up with tomorrow.
Terry
Terry W

Postby ddamico361 » June 28th, 2015, 9:17 pm

Terry W wrote:Hi David welcome to the forum

What equipment are you using. Pressure pot?? You also need a pinch valve for the foot pedal.

You have more air going to the pinch valve then you do the pressure pot. When you depress the peddle it opens the pinch valve letting grit and air pass.

I think there is a diagram floating around somewhere. It's late for me right now so if you don't find it I'll see what I can come up with tomorrow.

Thanks Terry, for the welcome for the advice. I look forward to seeing the diagram. I understand the pinch valve but haven't seen one.
I have a 60gal Husky (still in the wrappings), a 20gal pressure pot from HF, a small blast cabinet, and a Titan vinyl cutter.
ddamico361

Postby JESS » June 28th, 2015, 9:38 pm

David-
30 years sandblasting, and have never found a better unit than [This.] Check it out.
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby ddamico361 » June 29th, 2015, 6:39 pm

JESS wrote:David-
30 years sandblasting, and have never found a better unit than [This.] Check it out.
Jess

Thank you Jess for giving your personal testimony on this product. It's a bit pricey but having a personal use comment makes a difference.
ddamico361

Postby Terry W » June 29th, 2015, 6:59 pm

Dave if you go up to the search (upper right) and type in "pinch valve" you will find all kinds of info and topics with others views and setups.

It's never easy dropping money but always worth every penny to get quality.
Terry
Terry W

Next

Return to Other