• Advertisement

Foot pedal problems

• Advertisement

Foot pedal problems

Postby jimg » September 1st, 2012, 11:33 am

I posted this under a different topic. It was suggested I make a new topic to address the issue.

I have been using a complete system bought from SCM. A couple days ago the air stopped feeding to my nozzle. I thought two things, either my nozzle needed replace (worn) or my foot pedal needs replaced. I have since replaced both and NO luck. I have the Humphrey foot pedal with 3 connections - 1 CYL and 2 ON.. I have the CYL connected before my pressure gauge on the pot and the ON connected to the T at the bottom...
Any suggestions? would be a great help!

Thanks
jimg

Re: Foot pedal problems

Postby Terry W » September 1st, 2012, 11:51 am

First thing I would check if no grit is coming out would be a blocked hose or nozzle. Start there. A worn nozzle wouldn't stop grit from flowing.
Terry
Terry W

Postby Tom Kuhn » September 1st, 2012, 12:27 pm

Just finished a response to you under the other thread. Just making sure you see it.

Image   Software Engineer & Webmaster
Aspiring Sandcarver
Woodworking hobbiest
Full-time Grandfather.

My Photo Gallery

Tom Kuhn
Site Admin

Postby Engraver » September 1st, 2012, 12:40 pm

1 - clogged somewhere between the pot and the nozzel or 2- wet/damp grit

would be my 2 suspect choices

if you bought your stuff from SCM - you have lifetime support - they were always helpful when I called them
Kevin Coughlin
Signs from Above
607 -652-503 9
Jefferson, NY 12093
http://www.SignsFromAboveOnline.Com
www.facebook/signsfromabove
Engraver

Postby bernie » September 1st, 2012, 8:38 pm

A friend of mine had no pressure coming thru her pressure pot and disconnected all the lines, took an air nozzle and blew the line ... a wad
of dead ladybugs. Yup... Just about as bad as damp grit clogging the lines.

Bernie
bernie

Postby JESS » September 1st, 2012, 10:39 pm

At least 18 years ago, when I walked into my booth there were little footie prints in the grit, all over the place. The critter must have been in there all weekend. Just as the pot was getting empty, and time to refill, I got a clog. Sticking out of the nozzle was a bug leg! Took most of the system apart trying to get the whole bug, and there were a lot of pieces. It was a vinegaroon, and about as disgusting a job to clean out as I have had.
VINEGAROON.jpg

(Delicious when fried correctly)
Occasionally, you can clear a clog by depressurising the pot, and forcing air backwards with a high pressure air nozzle. It won't get the jellyfish out of your pot, but it can give you a few more minutes blasting. Just so you know, back in the old days of carbureted engines, sometimes you could smooth out a rough running engine by revving it up, and covering the carb with your hand. That would increase the vacuum enough to suck out the obstruction. Think of a jellyfish's tentacles, and you might see where the term comes from.
Jess
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JESS
Site Admin

Postby jimg » September 4th, 2012, 2:28 pm

THANK YOU EVERYONE.
As it turns out, I had a small peice of debris in the hose that was blocking the air flow.

Thanks Again!

Jim
jimg

Postby Charles » September 9th, 2012, 5:15 am

Jess that is one ugly bug!
And by the way....you cannot sift ur grit to many times when refilling ur pot! Whether it be new grit or reuseing the old sift sift sift save u tons of time.

Charles
Charles Mckenzie
McKenzie Monuments Inc.
3450 N. St. Louis St.
Batesville, AR 72501
870-793-3216
Charles

Postby bernie » September 9th, 2012, 8:48 am

Jess ... you can keep the bug ... man that is ugly!

Bernie
bernie

Postby ddamico361 » June 28th, 2015, 7:02 pm

I wince just *thinking* about holding a critter like that in my hand! UGH. I'd be done for the day.
DavidD
David from western / upstate NY. Equipment-Husky 60gal compressor, 20gal pressure pot, small blast cabinet, Titan 15" vinyl cutter.
ddamico361

Return to Other