• Advertisement

Cabinet HP vs. Cyclone

• Advertisement

Cabinet HP vs. Cyclone

Postby Bkaz » January 17th, 2015, 1:55 pm

I am leaning towards the HP 40 lb cabinet. But I have come across a used Cyclone unit that looks to be in decent shape. The seller also lists that it comes with a dust collector for $350. I am waiting on the model of the blaster and collector to help in my decision. Does anyone have any experience with Cyclone units? And if its worth spending more for the used Cyclone unit vs. a new HP cabinet?

Thanks,

Brian
Bkaz

Re: Cabinet HP vs. Cyclone

Postby sgalante » January 19th, 2015, 6:13 am

Brian,
Cyclone makes some excellent cabinets. It all depends on which one they are selling though. I would think in general, Cyclone cabinets should be a step up from the HF (I assume that is what you meant). Is this cabinet something on Craigslist or on the infamous bidding site? If so, it may help to attach a link to it. someone may be able to identify it. As for the dust collector, that is always a helpful thing to have on hand, especially if it is a decent one.

Hope that helps.
sgalante

Postby David Takes » January 19th, 2015, 2:18 pm

Cyclone was the company that used to make the cabinets for Photobrasive/Ikonics before they linked up with CrystalBlast in California. In my opinion it is an excellent cabinet, especially if it has a built in pressure pot. I've been using mine for 15 years and will likely get another 15 more out of it. I've also got their large dust collector, which is a beast.
David Takes
Expressions Engraved
St. Joseph, Missouri
http://www.expressionsengraved.com
David Takes

Postby Bkaz » January 19th, 2015, 7:33 pm

Thanks for the help. I am trying to get a little more info from the seller before I decide to take a look at it.

Brian
Bkaz

Postby Bkaz » January 19th, 2015, 8:15 pm

It looks like it is the Cyclone Model 3624 from what I can tell.

That seems to be a model that has the built in pressure pot from what I can tell. I have not inspected this unit in person yet. Having the pressure pot built in seems to be convenient, but is there any draw backs from having the pressure put separate? Or does having it all in one basically do the same as being apart?

Thanks,

Brian
Bkaz

Postby David Takes » January 20th, 2015, 7:08 am

Brian,

Please let me know if you do not buy the Cyclone, assuming it is a DP3624 and not just a 3624. I've been wanting to purchase a second cabinet with the built-in pressure pot. Cyclone has stopped manufacturing their direct-pressure cabinets.
David Takes
Expressions Engraved
St. Joseph, Missouri
http://www.expressionsengraved.com
David Takes

Return to Cabinets