• Advertisement

HELP! Need new HF valve asap...

• Advertisement

HELP! Need new HF valve asap...

Postby Bexhc » March 12th, 2015, 7:00 am

Hi, the valve at the bottom of my HF pressure pot has blown a hole, more accurately it's blown through the solder that I used to patch it up last time it blew. My question is, where can I buy a replacement valve? The reason I patched it last time was because I couldn't find a replacement. I'm in the UK but am obviously prepared to get it from anywhere!

Many thanks for any help you can offer...

Bex x
Bexhc

Re: HELP! Need new HF valve asap...

Postby Terry W » March 12th, 2015, 9:27 am

Are you talking about the ball valve on the bottom??

Lay your pot down on it's side so you don't loose all your grit, take it off and bring it to any hardware store or big box lumber. They should be able to match it up for you. Use some Teflon tape around the threads and put it back together. You should be able to finish and it may last you a long time. The cheaper ball valves are not hardened and don't last as long but you should be able to go right back to work even with a cheap one.

Then you can order a better one if you so desire or just get a spare.

Thanks for the reminder though, I have been meaning to replace one myself as it's starting to stick when I open or close.

Good luck :TU:
Terry
Terry W

Re: HELP! Need new HF valve asap...

Postby JESS » March 12th, 2015, 9:43 am

Keep in mind, HF already uses the cheapest valves available. You will get better life from almost any hardware store valve.
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Return to Pressure Pots