• Advertisement

Mixing valve

• Advertisement

Mixing valve

Postby Dimitris » July 29th, 2013, 2:34 am

Hi everyone
As I wrote when introduced myself in the forum, I’m amateur silversmith and machinist. I need sandblast for, silver and brass etching as well as for deburring and finishing, steel parts and tools. I’m planning to make one- almost finished with the cabinet plans- for the pressure pot I’m going to use a small stainless steel air tank (holds up to 4kg abrasive) a foot pedal and a compact pinch valve, but here have a couple of questions, for the mixing(media) valve can I use a common hand operated ball valve? Like the one showing in the videos pressure pots 101-102? I search the forum and I couldn’t find a topic related to mixing valves.
Thanks a lot
Dimitris
Mining...a calling of peculiar dignity.("De re metallica" Georgius Agricola 1556)
Dimitris

Re: Mixing valve

Postby JESS » July 29th, 2013, 8:15 am

Dimitris-
A common ball valve will work fine, but remember, it is a wear part, and will need replacing on occasion.
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Re: Mixing valve

Postby Dimitris » July 29th, 2013, 9:03 am

Hi Jess
I was looking in the market to find abrasive mixing valve, but the smallest is half the size and weight of my tank, as for the price I’m sure you now better!!
Thanks for the tip.
Dimitris
Mining...a calling of peculiar dignity.("De re metallica" Georgius Agricola 1556)
Dimitris

Return to Pressure Pots