• Advertisement

Plotter is recutting each graphic

• Advertisement

Re: Plotter is recutting each graphic

Postby irenejd » October 23rd, 2011, 11:19 am

I meant to ask you about your plotter. Just forgot. You do your artwork in Illy, right? Did you look at your artwork in OUTLINE format? That's under view. Maybe you can see something there. Also, have you used CS5 with WinPC? Is it new? Has it worked before?
irenejd

Postby Inga » October 23rd, 2011, 4:39 pm

I'm not sure exactly where we are at with this thread. . .but just want to toss in that with ILLY it us very easy to deal with double lines IF you do this:

A) Make all the lines fairly bold. . .1, 2 or 3 points.. .or whatever seems good for the particular design.
Now make them all transparent, say 25% or something.
Since 25% + 25% = 50%, immediately you will see when lines are stacked on top of eachother as they will be visably darker and easy to detect. :TU:

B) NOW. . .there is another thing you can do to save all this. hassle . .or you can do it after you discover double lines.
SELECT ALL, and simply go to the PATHFINDER and select OUTLINE. Now ALL your double lines will be gone in one click and back to single lines. :toh: (You must reassign the paths a color and thickness after you have done this in order to see them again.)

~Inga
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSJv5ta9hwU
Inga

Postby irenejd » October 24th, 2011, 2:24 pm

Did I say you can send me your file and I can take a peek at it and see if it's weird (other than design :D ).
irenejd

Postby Inga » October 24th, 2011, 11:30 pm

Also, I found this blurb at some forum:

". . . there is a very good support forum at: http://www.winpcsign2010.com/ (go to forum form menu bar). I suggest you join them and I am sure they can help. In the meantime it sounds like you have one of two problems...or a combination of the two. You should make sure your offset is set correctly. See your cutters owner manual...then check your down force. For hartco 425 you should be at around 225 or so and last make sure your blade extension is correct...with a 60 degree it should extend about half the thickness of a credit card.[b] with winpc I suggest you use a double cut"[/b]

This clip from a forum post is telling me that there is probably a setting in WinPCSign that allows for doing a double cut, just like there is in Sign Cut Productivity Pro, and probably other cutting software too.

If you want to SKYPE me at: i n g a m a g e r (no spaces) I can share your screen and watch what you are doing and probably figure it out.

So there :toh: - YOU HAVE IT>>>
1)A forum to go to. . ..
2) Irene's help with the file. . .
3) and my offer for checking out your program via SKYPE.

~Inga
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSJv5ta9hwU
Inga

Previous

Return to Vinyl Cutters/Plotters