• Advertisement

Plotter is recutting each graphic

• Advertisement

Plotter is recutting each graphic

Postby airrat » October 20th, 2011, 11:22 am

I have an APD2400 and I am using WinPCSIGN Letter 2007. Ever since I redid the laptop the plotter has been cutting graphics twice. Basically it will cut the entire image then go back and recut over the initial cuts. I do not believe that is normal but I have not had this very long. I do not recall changing any settings on the plotter after reinstalling it on the laptop.

When I click on the tool to "cut" there are two cut line color boxes. I do not remember seeing that before. I have tried leaving those alonge and just clicking on one of them. Still doing the same thing.

Is this normal?

I can bring the laptop this weekend and show it in person if that will help.

Any help is appreciated still learning this plotter
Tom
Tom
Chandler Az
airrat

Re: Plotter is recutting each graphic

Postby Inga » October 20th, 2011, 1:14 pm

Could be a few different things. First of all, check and see that your graphic does not accidently have double lines. That may SOUND dumb but can happen very easily and not be very obvious. Do you know how to check for that?
~Inga
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSJv5ta9hwU
Inga

Re: Plotter is recutting each graphic AMMENDED

Postby Inga » October 20th, 2011, 1:16 pm

Plotter settings can change without you having deliberately changed them. Look for where it asks you to stipulate how many copies. >>>>Sorry. . .not how many copies, but at least one software I know of allows you to recut over the original cut.<<<<<<

I am hoping that somebody using WIn PC will jump in to help. . . I am all Mac on this end.
~inga
Inga

Postby Terry W » October 20th, 2011, 2:27 pm

Double copies would be my thought as well. If you just had double lines it would go back and re cut some lines before the complete design was cut.
Terry
Terry W

Postby Engraver » October 20th, 2011, 2:35 pm

If you can see 2 lines it will cut 2 lines. You need to delete 1 set of the lines. Sometimes importing EPS files gives you 2 cutting paths.

It's not so much the plotter as it's the software. Pro versions of that software let you do alot more things...quickly.

Kevin
Kevin Coughlin
Signs from Above
607 -652-503 9
Jefferson, NY 12093
http://www.SignsFromAboveOnline.Com
www.facebook/signsfromabove
Engraver

Postby bernie » October 20th, 2011, 4:36 pm

I now know that if my plotter cuts twice ... somewhere I have one set of lines under the visible one I see. Took me a long
time to figure this out and mainly after I sent some stuff to a friend for photoresist and heard him 'politely complain'
about the fact my artwork sucked, did I even realize what was going on.

I will usually do a paper draw prior to a cut as that is the best way for me to catch this problem.

The only way I can find the double line (one on top of the other or so close one can not see it) is to zoom and zoom until
the design is huge and I will catch it ... usually.

Bernie
bernie

Postby airrat » October 20th, 2011, 5:48 pm

some of they are eps files I believe. So, in the sign program I need to remove them or do it elsewhere?
Tom
Chandler Az
airrat

Postby Inga » October 20th, 2011, 9:24 pm

Yes. You do it in your vector program. Is WINPC Sign the name of the vector program as well or is it only the driver program?

I know a super easy way to handle this in ILLY. . . .but I dont think that is what you are working with. .. am I correct?

~Inga
Inga

Postby randypitcher » October 22nd, 2011, 6:44 pm

Tom, I have the same plotter and the same software. I haven't seen that happen yet. I create the graphic in CorelDraw5 and then export it into an .ai file (version 3x). I use the .ai file to import it into WinPCSign.

I think the two color lines may have something to do with your material setting in the Cutting Control Panel. Make sure that is set to the width of your vinyl or a little less.

I found out that the ADP2400 measures the width of your vinyl based on the distance between the pinch rollers. The further you have them apart, the wider you can cut. If you press the Menu button on the plotter, you will see a Y value and an X value. The X value will be the max cutting width. If you move your pinch rollers and then restart the plotter, the X value will change. I use that number to set the height of my page. I don't worry about the length, I just set it to something reasonable.

I hope that helps.

I am off all next week, if you are still having issues and see if we can work them out.

-Randy
Started researching, studying and reading in February 2010. First piece etched on March 11, 2011
CrystalBlast 3624 cabinet, Home Depot 3.2 h.p. air compressor, CorelDraw X5, ADP2400 Plotter
randypitcher

Postby Kelly Harris » October 23rd, 2011, 8:20 am

One thing that I wanted to mention is sometimes you can't see that there is extra objects (lines) in your image.

Attached is a circle, actually 2 circles one on top of the other. You can't see the second circle but if you sent this to your cutter it would cut both.

Double Circle.ai

Double Circle.cdr
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PS CS2, CD X4, Acer laptop, Canon 700F scanner, HP laserjet 1600 printer, Epson Stylus 1400 printer, Intuos 4 tablet, Letralite, Summa D610 plotter, 2 cabinets, 2 pressure pots, 60 gallon air compressor, Fuji S8100 DSLR.

Kelegant Studios
Kelly Harris

Next

Return to Vinyl Cutters/Plotters