D Drive

• Advertisement

Re: D Drive

Postby Daryl » November 20th, 2013, 4:45 pm

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy:
Daryl

Postby Daryl » November 20th, 2013, 4:56 pm

Since we are on the computer subject, can anybody answer why I have a back up of a back up in my Corel files?
When I look for a certain file I find the file, a back up to that file and a back up to the backed up file. Can I change the way files are changed or do I delete files?
again :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy: :DOH: :DOH: :DOH: :DOH:
Daryl

Postby Terry W » November 20th, 2013, 5:44 pm

Daryl you most likely were working in the back up file and it made a back up of that file. You should work in the master file and save your work periodically (back up)
Terry
Terry W

Postby Kelly Harris » November 20th, 2013, 6:07 pm

All great suggestions, first task is to clean out all of the junk on my machine and transfer files to the D drive as suggested. I have an external drive but currently using that for backing up only. I'll look into all of the suggestions for storage that were made and figure out what will work best for me.

Thank you so much everyone!
PS CS2, CD X4, Acer laptop, Canon 700F scanner, HP laserjet 1600 printer, Epson Stylus 1400 printer, Intuos 4 tablet, Letralite, Summa D610 plotter, 2 cabinets, 2 pressure pots, 60 gallon air compressor, Fuji S8100 DSLR.

Kelegant Studios
Kelly Harris

Postby Daryl » November 20th, 2013, 6:17 pm

Is the back up file
the file that has the latest changes to what you changed?
I'm getting confused >....
Daryl

Postby Kelly Harris » November 20th, 2013, 6:25 pm

Daryl wrote:Is the back up file
the file that has the latest changes to what you changed?
I'm getting confused >....

I'm thinking if you were working in the back up file instead of the original then the back up will be the most current but you'd have to check.
PS CS2, CD X4, Acer laptop, Canon 700F scanner, HP laserjet 1600 printer, Epson Stylus 1400 printer, Intuos 4 tablet, Letralite, Summa D610 plotter, 2 cabinets, 2 pressure pots, 60 gallon air compressor, Fuji S8100 DSLR.

Kelegant Studios
Kelly Harris

Postby Terry W » November 20th, 2013, 7:37 pm

Kelly sorry for treading on your thread. If this goes further we will start another. :B:

Daryl Corel does an automatic save every so often. This saved file creates your back up file. I can't remember if you can set it for any length of time to perform each auto save (5 min - 1/2 hour etc). It saves what you have done up to the auto save. If you do a bunch of work and something happens before the next auto save then it will be lost. You would have to redo from the point of the last auto save. I tend to hit the save icon a bunch as this just saves what your doing in the original file. I have had Corel crash on me too many times in the past with a bunch of work done and lost it all so now I am overly cautious.

If you need more help or info maybe start a new thread and maybe others will look in. :B: :B:

Kelly, we are now going back to your regular scheduled programming. :toh:
Terry
Terry W

Postby Bill F. » January 26th, 2015, 10:14 am

Charles, I'd be careful with the cloud. Not a good idea to put all your eggs in that basket. Someday a kid will hack into that and trash stuff just for fun. I would only store there what I could afford to lose.
Bill F.

Postby Charles » January 26th, 2015, 4:01 pm

That is the point Bill, The google cloud drive is a backup, it is also something I can access graphics data from elsewhere anywhere I have internet access, it is really usefull!
Charles Mckenzie
McKenzie Monuments Inc.
3450 N. St. Louis St.
Batesville, AR 72501
870-793-3216
Charles

Previous

Return to Windows Based Computers