• Advertisement

Bustin" w/Pride

This is for discussion of all topics of interest to our members.
  • Advertisement

Bustin" w/Pride

Postby Ken Cox » August 30th, 2010, 7:17 pm

My nephew came home for a visit and had a chance to meet George! Ben is at 4:53.
To all that serve Thank You!

Ken

Ken Cox
Site Admin

Re: Bustin" w/Pride

Postby NikkiInMd » August 30th, 2010, 7:20 pm

I also thank all that serve and thier families!

I come from a long line of military men and my son is currently in the Army. He has been to Iraq and Afganistan. He told me the other day that he will be going back sometime in 2011. Ok, so I am not looking forward to him going back again...
NikkiInMd

Postby Tom Kuhn » August 30th, 2010, 7:31 pm

I'm sure that must have made his day. Thanks to ALL that served, it's a debt owed that we can never fully repay.

Image   Software Engineer & Webmaster
Aspiring Sandcarver
Woodworking hobbiest
Full-time Grandfather.

My Photo Gallery

Tom Kuhn
Site Admin

Postby JESS » August 30th, 2010, 7:34 pm

A very proud moment for the whole family! Glad he came back, and thank him for me!
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby Joe Goodson » August 30th, 2010, 8:05 pm

Awesome. That must have been the perfect home coming for those guys. I spent 5 years in the Army myself....so stuff like this gets me choked up.
Joe
Joe Goodson

Postby Kelly Harris » August 30th, 2010, 8:08 pm

AMEN!

Give him a big hug and thank him for me as well.
PS CS2, CD X4, Acer laptop, Canon 700F scanner, HP laserjet 1600 printer, Epson Stylus 1400 printer, Intuos 4 tablet, Letralite, Summa D610 plotter, 2 cabinets, 2 pressure pots, 60 gallon air compressor, Fuji S8100 DSLR.

Kelegant Studios
Kelly Harris

Postby Coppers Lot » August 31st, 2010, 3:02 am

You must be very proud.
Thanks for sharing Ken.
40lb pressure pot with inga mods, compressor,leaky cabinet thingy with syphon,letralite with red thingy,graphtec 3000-60 BRAND NEW = 1/8" PAB Gun and tips. Special Pressure Poy for Xmas.
http://www.worldofglasscraft.com
Coppers Lot

Postby gemsbym » August 31st, 2010, 4:58 am

That's awesome! Having served 20 years in the Air Force it's always great to hear when a service member comes homes. Many thanks to the ones who are serving now. :toh:
Miriam :)
gemsbym

Postby Kiko » September 4th, 2010, 6:06 pm

Ken, I know how proud you must be! I'm so humbled by all those who serve and protect our country.

Nikki, I know you must be glad to have your son home, and will treasure every moment you get to spend with him. Thank him for all of us here at home, as we DO appreciate the sacrifices the troops make.

When I was on vacation, I met a young man in the grocery store who was stateside undergoing treatment and physical therapy for 8 gunshot wounds he received in Iraq. He showed me the wounds (and I've never seen a gunshot wound before), and talked about suffering from PTSD, a condition that is as dangerous to our troops as the physical injuries they may receive. I choked up when he shared his story, but ultimately felt uplifted by our conversation, just by looking into his eyes.... He told me his greatest desire was to return to his unit and continue to serve our country. There is not a single day that goes by I don't think of him, and pray for him. I hope to some day see him again...

Since that time I have made a concerted effort to learn more about the struggles some of the troops make when they return home, especially PTSD. That young man changed my life forever... Kiko
Ikonics Navigator, CrystalBlast, SandCarver II. I/R compressors, pencil blaster, Somaca belt sander. Kilns, flat lap, Revolution XT saw. Nuarc 40-1K, Illy & CD, Graphtec 30" plotter. Iwata airbrush, Wacom Intuos 3. Nikon D90 camera.
Kiko

Postby Inga » September 4th, 2010, 8:15 pm

Kiko wrote:............Since that time I have made a concerted effort to learn more about the struggles some of the troops make when they return home, especially PTSD. That young man changed my life forever... Kiko

Thanks for adding your story to this toughing thread.
~Inga
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSJv5ta9hwU
Inga

Next

Return to Can we Talk !