• Advertisement

TIME TO MOVE!!!!!

This is for discussion of all topics of interest to our members.
  • Advertisement

TIME TO MOVE!!!!!

Postby KBrownlee » August 24th, 2010, 12:56 pm

:D :B: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce:
YES!!! IT'S TIME!

Many of you may remember that back in March we had a fire in the house...It looked a little like this
100_2943.jpg

SO, after 5 months...it's time to move back in! This weekend is the moving date and luckily, we are having a bit of a cool spell, the high's in the mid-high 90's with 30% humidity! We haven't seen temps like that since early June!!!!

I will post photos.

Kerri in Arkansas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KBrownlee
2011 Flake-Of-The-Year Contest Winner

Re: TIME TO MOVE!!!!!

Postby jhenryw49 » August 24th, 2010, 1:23 pm

Wecome home!I have been there it is so nice to home your place good luck

Jack
jhenryw49

Postby Kelly Harris » August 24th, 2010, 3:15 pm

Congratulations Kerri!
PS CS2, CD X4, Acer laptop, Canon 700F scanner, HP laserjet 1600 printer, Epson Stylus 1400 printer, Intuos 4 tablet, Letralite, Summa D610 plotter, 2 cabinets, 2 pressure pots, 60 gallon air compressor, Fuji S8100 DSLR.

Kelegant Studios
Kelly Harris

Postby Ginger » August 24th, 2010, 5:17 pm

That is excellent! Congratulations! You must be so happy.
Ginger
My studio includes: Denver glass kiln, Skutt ceramics kiln, Jen-Ken kiln, compressor, sandblast setup, lap grinder, two ring saws, hand-held water-fed grinder, plotter, UV exposure unit. I work in glass, concrete, clay, metal, and stone.
Ginger

Postby Gordon » August 24th, 2010, 6:23 pm

I hope you got all the smoke out of your motorcycle leather..........Hmmmm, with the weather you might need to air them out more!

Glad to hear you moving back home.

G
Gordon

Postby Kiko » August 25th, 2010, 7:11 am

Hey Kerri,

Let's break out in a chorus of "At Last"! I know what a long wait it's been, and I applaud your patience. When's the open house? Smiles, Kiko :D
Ikonics Navigator, CrystalBlast, SandCarver II. I/R compressors, pencil blaster, Somaca belt sander. Kilns, flat lap, Revolution XT saw. Nuarc 40-1K, Illy & CD, Graphtec 30" plotter. Iwata airbrush, Wacom Intuos 3. Nikon D90 camera.
Kiko

Postby NikkiInMd » August 25th, 2010, 7:41 am

WooHoo Kerri! What an exciting time for you all! Just keep plenty of water on hand for that cool spell you are having... hehehehe

Show some after shots girl! I know you have been working hard.
NikkiInMd

Postby KBrownlee » August 25th, 2010, 1:46 pm

Keeks,
Open house is in late September...no kidding!!! If any of you want to come down you are welcome to!

Gordan,
The cleaning folks sent the leathers away to be cleaned..boots, hats, chaps, jackets, gloves and we got them back about a week after the fire. And they have already been aired out...and put away for the very long hot summer that we have had. Believe me, I will air them out often come this fall!!!!

The flooring is being installed as we speak. The counter tops won't be in until next week. I still haven't decided on what to put on the kitchen cabinet glass and the bath tub surround project is just now being put together. The clothing will be delivered out of storage on Monday afternoon :C: we have the appliances in and they will be installed Friday, touch up on the paint and clean the tub and showers :E:

We have built a 27ftx25ft covered patio onto the front of the house that will be awsome this fall!
Pictures to come....I promise.
But, it will be home!!!!

Kerri in Arkansas
KBrownlee

Postby Ginger » August 26th, 2010, 7:32 am

Kerri,

I've never had a house fire but I've moved a million times and can relate to having all your stuff scattered to the four winds. A friend of mine used to say, "Three moves equal one fire." Seriously, though, I don't believe that for a minute -- a fire has to be way, way worse. Glad things are finally coming together for you.

Ginger
My studio includes: Denver glass kiln, Skutt ceramics kiln, Jen-Ken kiln, compressor, sandblast setup, lap grinder, two ring saws, hand-held water-fed grinder, plotter, UV exposure unit. I work in glass, concrete, clay, metal, and stone.
Ginger

Postby Kelly Harris » August 26th, 2010, 8:53 am

Hey Kerri,

Here's a funny countertop story. When Mike and I had our first Thanksgiving together all was done with the kitchen remodel except for the counters. I decided I wanted to cook a feast, again this was our first Thanksgiving so outside to the picnic table goes the turkey to be rinsed out with the garden hose. A turkey slides around real good on glass when you shoot water at it and I'm sure the new neighbours were wondering what kind of freaks moved in next door!

The meal turned out pretty good and all of the pots, pans and dishes were washed in the bath tub.
PS CS2, CD X4, Acer laptop, Canon 700F scanner, HP laserjet 1600 printer, Epson Stylus 1400 printer, Intuos 4 tablet, Letralite, Summa D610 plotter, 2 cabinets, 2 pressure pots, 60 gallon air compressor, Fuji S8100 DSLR.

Kelegant Studios
Kelly Harris

Next

Return to Can we Talk !