• Advertisement

Snakes

This is for discussion of all topics of interest to our members.
  • Advertisement

Re: Snakes

Postby Kelly Harris » August 22nd, 2010, 9:06 am

Snakes don't bother me at all, of course we don't have any around here!
PS CS2, CD X4, Acer laptop, Canon 700F scanner, HP laserjet 1600 printer, Epson Stylus 1400 printer, Intuos 4 tablet, Letralite, Summa D610 plotter, 2 cabinets, 2 pressure pots, 60 gallon air compressor, Fuji S8100 DSLR.

Kelegant Studios
Kelly Harris

Postby David Takes » August 22nd, 2010, 11:53 am

Snakes don't bother me at all, of course we don't have any around here!

Kelly, Your care package is on the way. Just ignore those vent holes in the box. :HAHA:
David Takes
Expressions Engraved
St. Joseph, Missouri
http://www.expressionsengraved.com
David Takes

Postby Kiko » August 22nd, 2010, 12:25 pm

Snakes... Gross!!! Nikki, I didn't know about copperheads...Oh-kay!

As a kid, my BFF and I would ride our bikes down to the swamp to catch yummy Maryland Blue Crabs. Budget crabbing consisted of a net, and some gnarly chicken necks on a string, which you'd toss into the murky water, waiting for that special tug that said you'd landed the mother of all crabs! Well, one day I thought I had. It was a fierce battle to reel him in. All was going well until a head broke the surface of the water. Yup, a snake, a water moccasin to be exact. Needless to say, I dropped the string and took off, BFF in tow. We were satisfied with what we had caught that day, and peddled like heck home. And to think we USED TO dangle our bare feet over the side of the pier, feet (and with high tide) and inches from the water...

Yeah, we went back for years, as greed won out over fear. Only later did I learn that in addition to the carp, turtles, crabs, moccasins, there were copperheads and other snakes in the reeds that surrounded the pier. Yeah, they even scrambled up the pilings sometimes. So pardon me if I hate snakes!!! Giggles, Keeks :?
Ikonics Navigator, CrystalBlast, SandCarver II. I/R compressors, pencil blaster, Somaca belt sander. Kilns, flat lap, Revolution XT saw. Nuarc 40-1K, Illy & CD, Graphtec 30" plotter. Iwata airbrush, Wacom Intuos 3. Nikon D90 camera.
Kiko

Postby Terry W » August 22nd, 2010, 12:46 pm

I just had a little visitor my self. Almost got the dog in the hind quarter when I let her in the house the other day. This was almost 4' long also. Looking for a nice cool spot no doubt.

Glad no body got bit.
Terry
Terry W

Postby David Takes » August 22nd, 2010, 6:28 pm

And our neighbors finally captured this one near their pool with the help of one of the kids.

David Takes
Expressions Engraved
St. Joseph, Missouri
http://www.expressionsengraved.com
David Takes

Postby Ginger » August 23rd, 2010, 8:02 am

What a brave girl! :o
Ginger
My studio includes: Denver glass kiln, Skutt ceramics kiln, Jen-Ken kiln, compressor, sandblast setup, lap grinder, two ring saws, hand-held water-fed grinder, plotter, UV exposure unit. I work in glass, concrete, clay, metal, and stone.
Ginger

Postby carol baker » August 23rd, 2010, 12:15 pm

had one who climbed my porch to get my wild finches.
carol baker

Postby Gordon » August 23rd, 2010, 1:05 pm

Carol, be careful...once little girls get onto your porch, there's no getting rid of them. ;)

G
Gordon

Postby Ginger » August 23rd, 2010, 3:24 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My studio includes: Denver glass kiln, Skutt ceramics kiln, Jen-Ken kiln, compressor, sandblast setup, lap grinder, two ring saws, hand-held water-fed grinder, plotter, UV exposure unit. I work in glass, concrete, clay, metal, and stone.
Ginger

Postby JESS » August 28th, 2010, 3:33 pm

Well----
Once while fishing, I ran out of bait, so I was looking for something to use when I saw a Cottonmouth swimming along with a small frog. Knowing he couldn't bite me with a mouth full of frog, I grabbed him "behind the ears", and took the frog away. OOPS! Now, he doesn't have a mouth full of frog, so how do I get rid of him without getting bit? I poured a little of my Jack Daniels down his throat until he quit squirming, and tossed him back in the water. About half an hour later, I felt something nudging my foot, and there was that snake, with 2 frogs in his mouth, and a grin on his face!
Jess :hook:
JESS
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Can we Talk !