• Advertisement

OK, Goofy Questions of the Day...

This is for discussion of all topics of interest to our members.
  • Advertisement

OK, Goofy Questions of the Day...

Postby Kiko » August 15th, 2010, 12:55 pm

Hey All,

I have a bad habit of separating transformers from their matching devices, and then have a box full of them, with NO idea what they go to.... Of course, all of them look alike... Some are labeled by manufacturer which makes it easy, but how do you go about matching them up when you have about 15, and no clue? I'm looking for the power supply for my scanner, and apart matching from the volts, Hz, and watts, what can you do to prevent shorting out the device? Ken Cox, are you out there??? Smiles, Kiko :dunno:
Ikonics Navigator, CrystalBlast, SandCarver II. I/R compressors, pencil blaster, Somaca belt sander. Kilns, flat lap, Revolution XT saw. Nuarc 40-1K, Illy & CD, Graphtec 30" plotter. Iwata airbrush, Wacom Intuos 3. Nikon D90 camera.
Kiko

Re: OK, Goofy Questions of the Day...

Postby Joe Goodson » August 15th, 2010, 2:55 pm

I would consider looking at the voltage output on the power supply, noting if the out put is AC or DC and in what voltage/amperage. Then look on your components to see if there is an information panel describing what they require. Other than that, I don't have a clue. Good luck.
Joe
Last edited by Joe Goodson on August 15th, 2010, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Goodson

Postby Inga » August 15th, 2010, 4:10 pm

I have learned (THE HARD WAY) to manually label each one as to what it is for/from.
Of course, that is of ittle use right now. :DOH:
~Inga
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSJv5ta9hwU
Inga

Postby Kiko » August 15th, 2010, 6:13 pm

Yeah Inga,

You're so right! Having SOME OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)tendencies, I've been labeling everything for a while now. My issue is that I have moved so many times, they'd get separated from their companions along the way, and now I have a hot mess! I guess I'll just match up the specs and pray for no blown stuff... Good news is that everything is AC. Ken??? Smiles, Keeks
Last edited by Kiko on August 16th, 2010, 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ikonics Navigator, CrystalBlast, SandCarver II. I/R compressors, pencil blaster, Somaca belt sander. Kilns, flat lap, Revolution XT saw. Nuarc 40-1K, Illy & CD, Graphtec 30" plotter. Iwata airbrush, Wacom Intuos 3. Nikon D90 camera.
Kiko

Postby JESS » August 15th, 2010, 10:12 pm

Keeks-
A little known fact - All appliances, motors, and even food are manufactured with a pre-determined amount of smoke. If you let the smoke out, you are out of luck, and will either replace an appliance, or eat burned food. A good little piece of information to have!
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby Kiko » August 16th, 2010, 12:21 am

Hey Jess,

Maybe it's the hour, buuuut, HUH??? Giggles, Keeks
Kiko

Return to Can we Talk !