• Advertisement

Sheesh

This is for discussion of all topics of interest to our members.
  • Advertisement

Sheesh

Postby Charles » August 14th, 2010, 7:55 am

10 am sat am and everyone is still asleep!
Charles Mckenzie
McKenzie Monuments Inc.
3450 N. St. Louis St.
Batesville, AR 72501
870-793-3216
Charles

Re: Sheesh

Postby Ginger » August 14th, 2010, 8:18 am

Um, do I get a pass for being in a different time zone?
My studio includes: Denver glass kiln, Skutt ceramics kiln, Jen-Ken kiln, compressor, sandblast setup, lap grinder, two ring saws, hand-held water-fed grinder, plotter, UV exposure unit. I work in glass, concrete, clay, metal, and stone.
Ginger

Postby KBrownlee » August 14th, 2010, 2:22 pm

Charles---I wasn't asleep!!! Just watching the backs of my eyelids!~!

No, really, I was out getting stuff for the house...light fixtures, electric outlet covers, deciding on countertops, pricing shower doors, buying ceiling fans, chewing out the cabinet guy (he has had 4 months to complete the cabinets, they are still NOT done and the appliances are going to be here on Wednesday :LOLUp: :LOLUp: ), etc.

The flooring was to have been installed last week, but Armstrong shipped the WRONG stuff...now we are waiting for the right stuff to be shipped in from New Jersey. They say maybe the middle of the week. :E: So....we are stuck until the flooring comes in.... DH is doing some of the finish work while we wait...

SIGH>>>>>in the mean time, I have a migrain!
Kerri in Arkansas
KBrownlee
2011 Flake-Of-The-Year Contest Winner
2011 Flake-Of-The-Year Contest Winner

Postby David Takes » August 14th, 2010, 7:33 pm

Do I get a pass? I was at work at 7:00 AM.
David Takes
Expressions Engraved
St. Joseph, Missouri
http://www.expressionsengraved.com
David Takes

Postby Kiko » August 14th, 2010, 8:34 pm

Well, I'm no slacker... If I go to bed at 3:00 am and sleep the suggested 8 hours, aren't I allowed to sleep until 11:00 AM? Giggles, Kiko :D
Ikonics Navigator, CrystalBlast, SandCarver II. I/R compressors, pencil blaster, Somaca belt sander. Kilns, flat lap, Revolution XT saw. Nuarc 40-1K, Illy & CD, Graphtec 30" plotter. Iwata airbrush, Wacom Intuos 3. Nikon D90 camera.
Kiko

Postby JESS » August 14th, 2010, 10:14 pm

Charles-
Just drag your furry butt to bed, sleep what you need, and leave the rest of us alone! Some of us are night owls, and some not. You might get your best work done during daylight hours, but there are a few of us who require a siesta during the hot part of the day, and we do not come to life until the sun goes down! Beware, while you are snoring, some of us are just venturing out! If you roost with the chickens, and awake with the Roosters, you run the risk of being eaten in your sleep! (I don't care for heartburn, so you're safe from me).
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby Charles » August 15th, 2010, 5:52 am

Yikes David, you beat me to work by an hour, so u get the free pass, I did close a bit early on a saturday but I also went to a cemetery on the way home for some pictures and a tracing , the cemetery was 80 miles out of the way home. Got what I needed, working on another design as we speak....Step son needs help hooking up running and tail lights on his new truck bed, so I cleared off the lift, I am NOT crawling my fat butt under his truck to trace out wireing, he said he is tadeing wireing work for monument setting....ahhhhhh bet he dont make this bargain again!

Charles
Charles Mckenzie
McKenzie Monuments Inc.
3450 N. St. Louis St.
Batesville, AR 72501
870-793-3216
Charles

Return to Can we Talk !