• Advertisement

3000 ft of plastic wrap

This is for discussion of all topics of interest to our members.
  • Advertisement

Re: 3000 ft of plastic wrap

Postby Kiko » August 13th, 2010, 8:15 am

Jack,

Pretty, pretty, please? Giggles, Kiko :lol:
Ikonics Navigator, CrystalBlast, SandCarver II. I/R compressors, pencil blaster, Somaca belt sander. Kilns, flat lap, Revolution XT saw. Nuarc 40-1K, Illy & CD, Graphtec 30" plotter. Iwata airbrush, Wacom Intuos 3. Nikon D90 camera.
Kiko

Postby jhenryw49 » August 13th, 2010, 9:45 am

Sure but I am not sure exactly what is on the dvd Joe will give me. How much he edited I will talk to him hopefully this weekend.

Jack
jhenryw49

Postby KBrownlee » August 13th, 2010, 2:42 pm

Yes, I use only 1 layer. But, I put the resist (in my case vinyl or UP) on, tape it up around the edges (1 layer of tape), then a single layer of plastic wrap (I use the walmart brand). I tape one end of the plastice wrap to the resist edge, wrap it around the piece (cup, bottle, glass, wine glass, etc.) and then tape the other end to the other side of the resist. I stuff the excess down into the cup and tape along the top edge, and tape along the bottom edge.

I discovered this tip on the CES board. After several dozen (empty) martini glasses, I got the hang of it and have been using it ever since.

Kerri in Arkansas
KBrownlee
2011 Flake-Of-The-Year Contest Winner
2011 Flake-Of-The-Year Contest Winner

Postby Ginger » August 13th, 2010, 3:17 pm

That is a great technique! Thanks for sharing.
Ginger
My studio includes: Denver glass kiln, Skutt ceramics kiln, Jen-Ken kiln, compressor, sandblast setup, lap grinder, two ring saws, hand-held water-fed grinder, plotter, UV exposure unit. I work in glass, concrete, clay, metal, and stone.
Ginger

Previous

Return to Can we Talk !