• Advertisement

OK Here We Go

This is for discussion of all topics of interest to our members.
  • Advertisement

OK Here We Go

Postby Sunny » September 24th, 2018, 12:23 pm

I am working on doing mini sand carving. There is nothing on the world market that meets my needs that I have been able to find. I want to carve both a pendant and a suncatcher crystal. The pendant I have covered, it is a Swarovski 30 mm round with beveled edges and 3/8 inch thick. They cost about 6.00 each.

The suncatcher crystal is different. There are faceted chandelier crystals but they are not ideal. What I am trying to find or have created is the following:

1 3/4 inch round optical crystal flat on both sides.

faceted edges

drilled hole just below the facets

1/4 inch thick

minimum carving area 1 1/4 inch.

Christmas ornaments are too big, 3 inches

I received a quote from one foreign company, $3000.00 to develop one. N0000000!

Most foreign companies that I contact want your life history followed by a commitment to purchase a boat load before they will mess with me.

Yes I have looked on AliExpress, nothing there that will work. Alibaba, etc., no one has anything like that.

So, I'm sending this into the oneness before I give up. Hopefully something will surface.

Thanks.
Choose life in all thngs
Sunny

Re: OK Here We Go

Postby Sunny » September 28th, 2018, 3:09 pm

After a couple of years of searching I finally found a Chinese company that has a stock item that I can work with. I'm trying to get samples sent now. If the samples are inadequate, they will adjust the size.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 15e89EsbbZ :RO:
Choose life in all thngs
Sunny

Postby JESS » September 28th, 2018, 5:41 pm

Score!
Keep us informed. Pics would be nice??
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby Sunny » September 28th, 2018, 10:48 pm

I will provide pics when complete. I made myself crazy using Ikonics R3 and R5 for the last two days. I was cutting test strips, exposing them at a variety of times and couldn't get them to wash out. It was frustrating as heck. When it's been about a year since I worked with it, I knew I had to be doing something wrong. Well dummie me, I was using a positive, on glossy paper with the photo resist instead of the acetate, accu black. I wrestled with it on the computer all evening watching videos and reading tech sheets etc., thinking something would jog my memory. It finally came to me what I had been doing. Normally I would have kicked myself around the room, but, given my age i just gave thanks that whatever I have behind my ears, with enough hints, still works. :LOLUp: :Crazy:

Tomorrow I succeed. :TU: :B:
Choose life in all thngs
Sunny

Return to Can we Talk !