• Advertisement

What a difference a day makes

This is for discussion of all topics of interest to our members.
  • Advertisement

What a difference a day makes

Postby KBrownlee » August 6th, 2010, 1:07 pm

YEAH :bravo: :TU:
IT'S RAINING AND IT'S ONLY 92 DEGREES
Ok, so it's been about 25 days since it rained and well over that amount of time since we have been ONLY 92 degrees!!!!! Yesterday, I called Kiko, because we didn't have electricity (I couldn't play on the computer nor could I blast anything) and it was 109 degrees in the shop with NO breeze. We got power back about 1 hour later. :T:
:Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce:
Don't worry, the high tomorrow will be about 100 degrees again. But at least we got a little break today.

Kerri in Arkansas
KBrownlee
2011 Flake-Of-The-Year Contest Winner

Re: What a difference a day makes

Postby Kiko » August 7th, 2010, 2:53 am

Hey Kerri,

And of course after we talked, I lost power too!!!! Nope, not 110 degrees, but it was really hot and humid. We have had storms almost every day, often time generating high winds (75 mph), torrential rains, hail, and tornado watches. Of course, days on end in the high 90's and some low hundreds. That is NOT typical even for DC swamp country. Nothing like sharing, right Kerri? LOL! Thankfully the power wasn't off long, but in that kinda heat, it was fierce.... Down to the basement for me. Can you believe I've lost power almost EVERY DAY most of the summer? If I could, I'd surely have a generator! Sister in Solidarity, Keeks
Ikonics Navigator, CrystalBlast, SandCarver II. I/R compressors, pencil blaster, Somaca belt sander. Kilns, flat lap, Revolution XT saw. Nuarc 40-1K, Illy & CD, Graphtec 30" plotter. Iwata airbrush, Wacom Intuos 3. Nikon D90 camera.
Kiko

Re: What a difference a day makes

Postby KBrownlee » August 7th, 2010, 7:15 am

You all are getting the summer we had last year! Except we didn't loose power everyday.
We are really enjoying the break in the heat!! They say we got 3-4 inches of rain yesterday in about 1 hour...of coarse most of it ran off without much help to the vegitation.

Well, back to the grind of 100+degree heat with 40-50% humidity for another 2-3 weeks. Just another typical summer in Arkansas!

Kerri in Arkansas
KBrownlee

Return to Can we Talk !