• Advertisement

Topic Title

This is for discussion of all topics of interest to our members.
  • Advertisement

Topic Title

Postby Engraver » August 4th, 2010, 6:58 am

Is it possible to replace "last Post" with "last topic posted"?

You have to look at every category to see what has been posted unless looking for new posts.

Just thought it would be easier or some

Kevin
Kevin Coughlin
Signs from Above
607 -652-503 9
Jefferson, NY 12093
http://www.SignsFromAboveOnline.Com
www.facebook/signsfromabove
Engraver

Re: Topic Title

Postby Ginger » August 4th, 2010, 10:43 am

Don't you like to use the "View Unread Posts" feature? I find that an easy way to keep up . . .
Ginger
My studio includes: Denver glass kiln, Skutt ceramics kiln, Jen-Ken kiln, compressor, sandblast setup, lap grinder, two ring saws, hand-held water-fed grinder, plotter, UV exposure unit. I work in glass, concrete, clay, metal, and stone.
Ginger

Postby JESS » August 4th, 2010, 10:53 am

Kevin-
I can't even find a "last post". At the top of the forums, just below the gallery, on the left are 4 choices to make your browsing simpler. Will one of those suffice?
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby Tom Kuhn » August 4th, 2010, 11:33 am

OK, I THINK I have a little grasp on what's being asked. Jess, Last Post is the title of the right hand column in the forum index view. The information inside that cell displays the user's name that made the post and the date / time the post was created. I think Kevin is asking for the topic title displayed rather than just the poster's name. What I'm NOT SURE if Kevin realizes is. that there is a circle to the right of the poster's name that is a clickable link and if clicked will take you directly to that topic and the last posting of that topic, no searching for it. Also, as has been said before, there's a link at the top of the forum index page to View New Posts, or View Unread Posts which will automatically filter the list for him so that there is no searching at all...

Image   Software Engineer & Webmaster
Aspiring Sandcarver
Woodworking hobbiest
Full-time Grandfather.

My Photo Gallery

Tom Kuhn
Site Admin

Postby JESS » August 4th, 2010, 11:51 am

OK, now I see! That simply says who last posted on that forum, not what the last topic was. Clear as mud! I suspect pointing out the other options should do the trick, yes? Kevin? ---Kevin??? Where are you when we need you? :lol:
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby Engraver » August 4th, 2010, 6:20 pm

yep Tom and Jess thats what I was asking if it could show the topic title as well or in place of poster. I realize and do use the "view new topics" but was just trying to be even lazier than I am so I didn't have to go and wait for another screen to see if things have changed. Also instead of being lazier than I am now I am out in th stix and only have slow slow slow satelite so I was just trying to avoid the waiting for another screen if possible.

I was just asking - It's no big deal I just thought there may be an otion you could turn on/off, but i'll just use the "View new posts" option.

Thanks,
Kevin
Kevin Coughlin
Signs from Above
607 -652-503 9
Jefferson, NY 12093
http://www.SignsFromAboveOnline.Com
www.facebook/signsfromabove
Engraver

Return to Can we Talk !