• Advertisement

Kelly's Korner highlights

This is for discussion of all topics of interest to our members.
  • Advertisement

Kelly's Korner highlights

Postby Terry W » May 21st, 2017, 3:14 pm

I have moved a few posts from another thread so as not to overshadow other information.

This is from Sunny:

Moved from "Vectoring Notes"

Sunny:
Speaking of written guides, wouldn't it be nice if when presentations are made via Kelly's Korner or other presentations, that a written guide be provided along with it. For we novices, it is a great assist. I know it's more work but it is more effective as well for those of us who cannot hold extended details in our heads anymore. Realizing that everyone isn't a writing expert, I would be willing to take what's written and if necessary make it more understandable to users. I do need a set of instructions to begin. Then I can go over the instructions and clarify in language those areas that might not be entirely clear. I don't mean this to insult anyone's writing skills but knowing you are busy, and do not have the time to write your best, I would be willing to follow up with the presenter and clarify any difficult or foggy areas and write the instructions as clearly as I can. Perhaps then we could build an additional collection of instructional materials. There are different learning styles, visual, auditory, and kinaesthetic (hands on). So the written instructions would certainly cover the visual learning style. Just sayin'
Terry
Terry W

Re: Kelly's Korner highlights

Postby Terry W » May 21st, 2017, 3:23 pm

Sunny this is my opinion on the whole KK and typing out things as discussed.

That is a very nice offer of you to retype things but someone would have to spend the time to type it out in the first place.

IMHO without more participation and participants it just wouldn't be worth the effort. The whole jist of Kelly's Korner has been to learn from each other with interaction and it has never had a direct guideline so it would be next to impossible to do highlights of what has been discussed.

Trying to get folks to participate has been challenging enough and if all they had to do was read some directions then there wouldn't really be a need for Kelly's Korner.

As always there is more than enough help on this forum for specific issues members have. So if your stuck on a specific technique or other, you can always ask.

I may be way off but I don't think so. Of coarse anyone willing to sit in and highlight things and type it out is certainly more than welcome.
Terry
Terry W

Postby bernie » May 21st, 2017, 4:43 pm

I agree with Terry on this
bernie

Postby Sunny » May 21st, 2017, 7:22 pm

OK :grin:
Choose life in all thngs
Sunny

Postby kuluchicken » May 22nd, 2017, 2:56 pm

Thanks Sunny, it's a great and kind suggestion, but I agree with Terry.

To have formal presentations or notes I think will just stifle the whole spontaneous process and may possibly even end up killing it. Everyone knows that they're actively being enticed to join and the more the merrier :)
kuluchicken

Postby Sunny » May 22nd, 2017, 10:55 pm

No problem, I won't miss it one aorta ! :idea2:
Choose life in all thngs
Sunny

Return to Can we Talk !