• Advertisement

Bit the Bullet

This is for discussion of all topics of interest to our members.
  • Advertisement

Bit the Bullet

Postby Jim McDaniel » December 13th, 2016, 5:39 pm

I have found that sometimes trying to go cheap is a waste of time and more money. Plus all the headache. :S: Been using cheap ink and have suffered for it. Found Film Direct from this site. I think Terry was the one that posted of using them. I have ordered a refillable cleaning kit to try and get my printers working properly again and have gotten my Epson 1400 printing like new. Will start on the 1430 soon to see if i can bring it back to life. So i order the refillable all black ink kit and then the Accuart from Ikonics and can not believe the difference it all makes. My prints are so black now and the wash out time is cut by more than half. It all did cost a bit more but so far the time and easy of getting mask made makes up for it.
Hard lessons learned are the ones that stay with you.

Thanks
Jim
Jim McDaniel

Re: Bit the Bullet

Postby Terry W » December 13th, 2016, 6:05 pm

Hey Jim

The epsons need to be used. Once they start plugging up the best thing you can do is to run some cleaning fluid through them.

I now have a reminder set 2 times a week to print a high quality image through all my printers to keep them running top notch. This keeps me from wasting ink running head cleanings and I have not had any issues running the 3rd party ink I use now and have been using it for 3 years in 3 printers. But I did trashed an epson 1400 before all this and that was my lesson learned.

Printing a high quality image at the highest res your printer will do will use all the nozzles. If you just print in draft mode it only uses half the nozzles.

If you use OEM or a good 3rd party ink, you must print with the epsons regardless of the ink you use.
Terry
Terry W

Postby Eamon » January 26th, 2017, 12:48 pm

I know this is an old post but hopefully its still seen. I've just got into using photoresist and been using a PixmaMX420 printer to print my film positives. Its not bad but would like to get better. Is the Epson 1400 a better printer to film positives? I see a lot of people of screen printing sites mention it.
Eamon

Postby David Takes » January 27th, 2017, 8:11 am

I think that is the inkjet printer that Ikonics recommends for printing the film negatives, so that carries some weight.
David Takes
Expressions Engraved
St. Joseph, Missouri
http://www.expressionsengraved.com
David Takes

Postby Eamon » February 6th, 2017, 12:29 pm

Thanks David for the reply. I'm still a newbie at the photoresist process so might at some stage have to upgrade to the Epson. For now its work with what I have and build it on the cheap lol
Eamon

Postby Kelly Harris » February 7th, 2017, 6:49 am

Epson no longer makes the 1400, it's been replaced by the 1430. Pretty much the same machine as far as I know but one of the new benefits is that it's wireless. I've been using the 1400 for 10 years now. You'll get the best results if your artwork is pure black RGB 0,0,0 with the best quality print selected.
PS CS2, CD X4, Acer laptop, Canon 700F scanner, HP laserjet 1600 printer, Epson Stylus 1400 printer, Intuos 4 tablet, Letralite, Summa D610 plotter, 2 cabinets, 2 pressure pots, 60 gallon air compressor, Fuji S8100 DSLR.

Kelegant Studios
Kelly Harris

Return to Can we Talk !