• Advertisement

pressure pot who got the best equipment

This is for discussion of all topics of interest to our members.
  • Advertisement

pressure pot who got the best equipment

Postby jhenryw49 » August 7th, 2015, 1:49 pm

Time to buy a new toy, do not have enough to buy booth and pot. I would like to buy a pro pressure pot, I think it's time to move up from Harbor freight. so who has the best equipment and price.

jack
jhenryw49

Re: pressure pot who got the best equipment

Postby Terry W » August 7th, 2015, 2:17 pm

Jack I have 2 HF pots and a cyclone pt-100. Although I have never really had any issues with the HF units and have hooked up a foot peddle on one the pt-100 has given me no issues what so ever. Other than replacing the sealing gasket ($30) for an o-ring, I have had no issues and would recommend one of these. I never liked the fill on these as you have to always clean the top of the pot and I have had to modify so I can run a lower psi for shading, it is still a superior pot.

I dont have a recommended seller or pricing though, sorry.
Terry
Terry W

Postby JESS » August 7th, 2015, 2:22 pm

Jack-
I have two Bruts & 1 HF. With modifications, they work the same. [Brut Sandblasters]
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby jhenryw49 » August 8th, 2015, 12:18 pm

will check them out thanks
jhenryw49

Postby bernie » August 8th, 2015, 8:24 pm

Brut pressure pots are built well. I have one of them along with some others. No HF pots here.
Bernie
bernie

Postby jhenryw49 » August 9th, 2015, 11:08 am

has anyone used this set up http://ikonicsimaging.com/equipment/cry ... ade-6.html The others look good also but how much do you have to adapt it, to use in a booth.

jack
jhenryw49

Postby JESS » August 9th, 2015, 1:09 pm

Jack-
It already has a foot pedal, so that's good. I prefer the Brut because the incoming air to the pot is higher up the chamber. Either will do well. I'm assuming you know the difference between a booth and a cabinet? Booths are walk-in, cabinets are free standing?
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby bernie » August 9th, 2015, 5:59 pm

you might want to check out Brut's pricing. They make a darn good pot for the money.

I don't use foot pedals on my pots so can't help you, but it wasn't difficult to set it up. I purchased a foot pedal from glasstar.com in California years ago and
removed it because I was blasting in a booth, not a cabinet, and it limited my movement.

Bernie
bernie

Postby JESS » August 9th, 2015, 6:09 pm

Bernie-
Use longer airlines, & zip tie them together. It's very nice to be able to sit comfortably in your booth, and spend a couple of hours shading those large jobs. Those airlines are not wear pieces, (since they only handle air,) and can be as long as you want them. The easier you make your work, the more enjoyable it can be.
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby bernie » August 9th, 2015, 11:21 pm

:) that would probably work just fine - if - I stayed in one place very long. lol
I do rock out in the sb building and I am up and down like a yoyo. That is why the foot pedal didn't work very well for me.

I could hook it back up though in the glass blast room. Sitting at times is much appreciated.

Bernie
bernie

Next

Return to Can we Talk !