• Advertisement

Speaking Of Hobbies.....

This is for discussion of all topics of interest to our members.
  • Advertisement

Speaking Of Hobbies.....

Postby Kelly Harris » July 21st, 2015, 7:45 pm

This is how I spend some of my spare time in the summer. I love my plants and flowers and this is only my second year growing veggies. I have limited space for veggies so I chose to grow a small amount in 5 gallon pails. I guess you could call them self-watering, although you still have to water them, but there's a reservoir in the bottom of the bucket and a fill tube at the top so I have to water maybe once per week. The pails are covered in burlap so they're not so ugly. Almost everything in the beds seem a bit stunted as it's been extremely dry but the grass is finally starting to green up from the bit of rain these last few days. We replaced the last section of fence and the surface of the deck this year. We still have the stairs and skirting to do which will happen in the next couple of weeks. The short stacks of lumber under the deck are to keep Chloe, our smaller dog, from disappearing under the deck. It's been a busy summer! We're maybe 3 months away from paying off the mortgage and when that's done we start saving for new siding and windows.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

The tree stump is coming out just as soon as I dig up the plants around it.
9.jpg

Ripped the chrome off the side my car this past weekend. It looks so much better!
3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PS CS2, CD X4, Acer laptop, Canon 700F scanner, HP laserjet 1600 printer, Epson Stylus 1400 printer, Intuos 4 tablet, Letralite, Summa D610 plotter, 2 cabinets, 2 pressure pots, 60 gallon air compressor, Fuji S8100 DSLR.

Kelegant Studios
Kelly Harris

Re: Speaking Of Hobbies.....

Postby Terry W » July 21st, 2015, 7:49 pm

Kelly that looks pretty nice. Too bad it all gets covered up with that funny white stuff part of the year. :S:

Also a big "pre" congratulations on the mortgage. :TU: :B:
Terry
Terry W

Postby Kelly Harris » July 21st, 2015, 8:04 pm

Thanks Terry, we've been working hard to pay it off early, especially my hubby. He's such a good man. We've sacrificed a few things, going out for dinner, vacations, etc., but it will be paid off 11 years early!

Ya you had to mention the white stuff, thanks for the reminder. :grin:
PS CS2, CD X4, Acer laptop, Canon 700F scanner, HP laserjet 1600 printer, Epson Stylus 1400 printer, Intuos 4 tablet, Letralite, Summa D610 plotter, 2 cabinets, 2 pressure pots, 60 gallon air compressor, Fuji S8100 DSLR.

Kelegant Studios
Kelly Harris

Postby JESS » July 21st, 2015, 8:55 pm

Kudos to you both!
Paying off that mortgage may be the smartest move you have made. The place is looking great, even the Hen & Chicks you were concerned about.
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby JESS » July 21st, 2015, 9:04 pm

Kelly-
One other thing---
Save EVERY part of that Magnum! Do not toss any part that came on it. Being a limited production vehicle that everyone loves, It's value will increase with true age. In no time at all, that chrome could become almost priceless. It may well be the '57 Chevy, or '67 Camaro of our time. Not to mention the Mopars of history.
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby Kelly Harris » July 21st, 2015, 9:26 pm

Thanks Jess I appreciate it!

As far as Maggie, the chrome already went in the trash but yes everything else I'll keep from now on. Not everyone loves the Magnum, in fact Mike hates it, hates the look of it and hates driving it. But, its mine and I love it so I guess that's all that matters. :grin:

Kelegant Studios
Kelly Harris

Postby JESS » July 21st, 2015, 9:42 pm

Kelly-
While you can, purchase NOS replacement chrome. Back in the day, few people cared for the looks of the Nomad either, but today, just some of the NOS parts cost almost as much as the original car did.
That wagon is what is known as an orphan, because it's parents gave up on it. It is destined to become collectible. Sorry Mike, I wish I had one to hide in the garage.
Jess

There is the one caveat that does not apply here. If there are signs of rust, disregard this whole conversation. Here in Arizona, rust is pretty much imported from other states. I still have my Dad's 1967 Chevy, purchased new, and the only rust is below the battery tray.
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby Charles » July 22nd, 2015, 4:23 am

Very nice looking place Kelly, Very nice.....Way to go on the Mortgage ....Last garden I planted the deer ate, pulled the black eyed peas up and ate the roots even, was a dry summer, guess my garden was the only thing being watered...No time this week or weekend to play here, getting ready to go to RODGERS AR for the MAMBA convention this weekend!!!
Charles Mckenzie
McKenzie Monuments Inc.
3450 N. St. Louis St.
Batesville, AR 72501
870-793-3216
Charles

Postby randypitcher » July 22nd, 2015, 11:44 am

You have a very nice home Kelly!!

Charles, for the deer, my grandfather used to hang bars of soap around his garden. He claimed that the soap kept the deer away!
Started researching, studying and reading in February 2010. First piece etched on March 11, 2011
CrystalBlast 3624 cabinet, Home Depot 3.2 h.p. air compressor, CorelDraw X5, ADP2400 Plotter
randypitcher

Postby Kelly Harris » July 22nd, 2015, 11:54 am

Thanks everyone!

I don't have a deer problem, obviously with me being in the city, but my mom does with them eating her roses. I read online about the bars of soap as well, particularly Irish Spring. I can't blame them, I wouldn't want to smell that either!

Kelegant Studios
Kelly Harris

Next

Return to Can we Talk !