• Advertisement

Great flying today

This is for discussion of all topics of interest to our members.
  • Advertisement

Great flying today

Postby Charles » July 19th, 2015, 5:33 pm

Hay Field at Dad's house....all the flight modes working like a champ....
Depleted both my batteries, I was ready to land it....100deg f 62% humidity....
https://youtu.be/VBQ6xrccq7Q
Charles Mckenzie
McKenzie Monuments Inc.
3450 N. St. Louis St.
Batesville, AR 72501
870-793-3216
Charles

Re: Great flying today

Postby JESS » July 19th, 2015, 6:09 pm

Pretty country you live in. Try not to give yourself a haircut with that thing! :lol:
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby Charles » July 19th, 2015, 6:25 pm

It is a serious machine, and I am flying with prop guards...I didnt get them on camera but a couple swallows wernt happy where I was flying at gave chase for a while. I have got to remember to video in a lesser quality mode, lots of data to try to upload to u tube, am uploading one more out of 30 minutes of flying.
My next purchase will be some FPV camera equipment..
Charles Mckenzie
McKenzie Monuments Inc.
3450 N. St. Louis St.
Batesville, AR 72501
870-793-3216
Charles

Postby JESS » July 19th, 2015, 6:44 pm

Wish I could join you. Looks like a blast!
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby Terry W » July 19th, 2015, 7:10 pm

Pretty cool Charles

Since you posted your toy I have seen some assume videos of people out in the keys and Miami following their boats and such. Some pretty amazing footage out there.

My neighbors around here would shoot them out of the sky thinking it's the man keeping tabs on them :Crazy:
Terry
Terry W

Postby Charles » July 19th, 2015, 7:30 pm

Im having a blast, so many things to learn if you get serious about the hubby, APM's FC'c ESC's Mission Planner, Flight Planner, which camera works with what electronics, you gotta get at least one spare battery, stock charger takes 6 or more hours to charge a battery, really need to balance the props cause the FC dont care for high vibration levels, which version of firmware is running in the FC....what pids NEEDS CHANGED.
You can buy a drone set up that needs little modification for a plug and fly fun forget all the stuff I just mentioned.....BUT if you wanna learn what is happening start with the machine I bought about 250.00 then as you add weight etc your machine balance has changed may need higher performance motors larger props, the FC or APM has the option to output telimitry also...So I have a decent camera, a go pro knock off....not gonna pay the bucks for a gopro and crash it. Get familiar with mission planner, setting up way point missions, that is next. I verified all the flight modes today. So vibration levels are acceptable to the FM .
My laptop runs XP and I am getting an old laptop repaired to put win 10 on, mission planner dont play well with xp so I am hesitant to set up a mission way point flight till I have a stable communication to the FM. Way point flying ...set up points for the drone to fly to, set up an action for the drone at the waypoint at a certain altitude etc. In this mode the only time you need the remote control is to arm the drone and get it off the ground once you flip the switch to arm it in the auto program you can turn off the remote and it returns and lands if that is what is set up in the FM....

So Dads house is 1/2 mile form mine, out of remote range and out of line of sight, BUT with mission planner I dont have a problem with setting the drone up to fly to, make a circle and return...

Would love a flying partner Jess.....BTW there is a guy on the RC forum very knowledgeable from your part of the US....says his name is Bob, from Tuscon AZ.
Charles Mckenzie
McKenzie Monuments Inc.
3450 N. St. Louis St.
Batesville, AR 72501
870-793-3216
Charles

Postby Terry W » July 19th, 2015, 7:38 pm

Yah, MIT or one of those techi schools has a video with about 30 little mini's doing all kinds of acrobatics in sync. It's pretty neat stuff for sure.

Me, I better stay away from that stuff as I would have wayyyyy toooo much money and time spent because I wouldn't be happy unless I had one that would handle a nice camera and my luck it would get taken out but a big ole turkey buzzard or something :TU:
Terry
Terry W

Postby JESS » July 19th, 2015, 8:47 pm

Charles-
I noticed a bit of imbalance in the first part of your video. There are a thousand questions about the use of drones, and I enjoy hearing, and learning about their use, BUT, this forum is specifically for the sandblasting process, and as much as I enjoy following other pursuits, I wish you would wait until the information you provide pertains to our subject matter. I have no doubt, you are learning to use the vector process of these in your business context. I look forward to hearing your advances. 8-)
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby Tugg Speedman » July 19th, 2015, 11:54 pm

Charles wrote:It is a serious machine, and I am flying with prop guards...I didnt get them on camera but a couple swallows wernt happy where I was flying at gave chase for a while. I have got to remember to video in a lesser quality mode, lots of data to try to upload to u tube, am uploading one more out of 30 minutes of flying.
My next purchase will be some FPV camera equipment..

That takes away all the fun of it. Unless you have slow internet,I would upload at max resolution. It can always be down converted but at least it starts off high quality. Have you ever considered another sub forum under general chit chat Jess,like other hobbies and miscellaneous?
Tugg Speedman

Postby JESS » July 20th, 2015, 12:00 am

Not out of the question.
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Next

Return to Can we Talk !