• Advertisement

You know it's summer whennnnnn

This is for discussion of all topics of interest to our members.
  • Advertisement

You know it's summer whennnnnn

Postby Terry W » July 8th, 2015, 2:02 pm

I frequents a few other forums for different things and they are generally pretty slow during the summer but I have not seen a post for days here. So hopefully everyone is very busy.

Dodging storms here right now. The every afternoon thunderstorm season, just before the hurricane season starts :TU:

Keep your grit dry :toh:
Terry
Terry W

Re: You know it's summer whennnnnn

Postby VictoryVinyl » July 8th, 2015, 6:50 pm

I pop in for a few just to see what others are up to. I get a little disappointed with nothing new to read! lol

Bennie
VictoryVinyl

Postby JESS » July 8th, 2015, 7:00 pm

Bennie-
So does everyone else. Post something! :lol:
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby bernie » July 8th, 2015, 7:15 pm

:B: Loving this weather we are having in Seattle

Bernie
bernie

Postby Kelly Harris » July 9th, 2015, 7:23 am

Yes, very busy here Terry. If I'm not doing orders then I'm outside playing with my flowers and veggies. 32 degrees today (89.6 for you), very hot and very dry. It's not bad today but it's been quite smoky the last few days. There's 97 wildfires burning in Alberta alone. A whole bunch more in BC and Saskatchewan.
PS CS2, CD X4, Acer laptop, Canon 700F scanner, HP laserjet 1600 printer, Epson Stylus 1400 printer, Intuos 4 tablet, Letralite, Summa D610 plotter, 2 cabinets, 2 pressure pots, 60 gallon air compressor, Fuji S8100 DSLR.

Kelegant Studios
Kelly Harris

Postby VictoryVinyl » July 9th, 2015, 9:23 am

Jess,

I appreciate that you would want to hear from me but I am still here just to get the wisdom of others until I get a lot more experience. You all are light years ahead of me! :grin:

Bennie
VictoryVinyl

Postby Terry W » July 9th, 2015, 10:20 am

Bennie everyone starts somewhere and just about everything asked on this forum is of interest to others. This place is full of folks that have never etched a thing and may not even have any equipment to those that have been doing this for decades.

Never feel that you have nothing to offer as you most certainly do. :TU:
Terry
Terry W

Postby JESS » July 9th, 2015, 5:27 pm

Bennie-
Terry is right on the money! I don't consider myself the master of anything, and in fact am self taught. There may be hundreds of helpful hints you could supply, simply by joining in. I have learned more from the folks here, than I could ever have discovered on my own. I only wish to get folks to ask any question, or share any techniques they are willing to.
It may be true that I have been feeding myself with this craft for a long time, but believe me when I say, you may know things I never thought of. Beyond that simple fact, there is no way an oldster such as myself can keep up with the newer technology. You have much more to offer than you think. Please reconsider, and take the time to throw in tidbits of info. There is a lot of gratification from hearing just one person say "That helped". That's what this forum is for, to share knowledge, and help others to progress. My apologies, if some of the things I have managed to produce, seem intimidating. I learned many of the techniques I use from folks such as yourself. Your participation is greatly appreciated!
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby Rich » July 9th, 2015, 8:21 pm

And your participation is needed to make the forum grow and relevant to the other members. We all started way back and there is so much to learn and skills to develop. Carpe deim.

I recall our old friend and partner Tom asking if anyone would show pictures and discuss their shop layout. Especially after having it set up and then redesigning it to facilitate your workflow etc. after you figured out some stuff that work. I don't think we ever got any real discussion going on that. My point is that we all have shops and I bet you have things setup in your shop for a reason as do I and probably everyone else. It is such an easy thing to talk us through your shop. What you got?

Rich

Rich
Rich

Postby VictoryVinyl » July 10th, 2015, 12:23 am

Ok, now you guys are making me feel guilty for not contributing. lol

I will do my best. I am still very new once I get a few more projects under my belt then maybe I will be a little more confident in what I am doing.

I am definitely a learn on the fly guy. I have definitely made my fair share of mistakes in just the short time that I have been doing this. Tried to take shortcuts (for lack of not having the proper material for a job), knock on wood all projects so far have been delivered on time and the customers have been happy but some have taken me a lot longer than they should have.

I am very thankful for this forum, as there isn't anybody close that I know of that does this. Speaking of which, I am heading to Ikonics in early Aug for one of their 2 day "seminars". If anyone is in between Central IL and Duluth, MN and willing to let me stop by and take a peek at how the professionals do this please let me know and I'd be happy to buy lunch or dinner.

Bennie
VictoryVinyl

Next

Return to Can we Talk !