• Advertisement

This showed up today! A little excited!

This is for discussion of all topics of interest to our members.
  • Advertisement

Re: This showed up today! A little excited!

Postby JESS » June 22nd, 2015, 7:22 pm

Bennie-
Being from the desert, I personally would ditch the Halogens for LED's. I don't sell the ones you would want, so there's no conflict of interest here. LED's will give you great light, last longer, and greatly reduce the heat in the cabinet.
I sincerely hope you will keep us posted on your progress. There are many here who could learn much from your new project, including myself. I have never ponied up the cash for such an advanced system, yet I make my living from sandblasting. If I was 30 years younger, I have no doubt that I would have taken the same leap!
As I stated earlier, you will not be sorry. Good on you!
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby JESS » June 22nd, 2015, 7:43 pm

Bennie-
Just to add to the last post-
You are facing a fair learning curve, but rest assured, you are on the right forum. Once you get set up, there is much information here that the sales folks know nothing about. They are not full time blasters, simply sales people. You will find all the information about how sandblasting actually works, including the physics of the system, in our Portal, under "Educational Material", [Here]
Hope this helps-
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby VictoryVinyl » June 23rd, 2015, 12:33 am

Jess,

I agree the halogens are probably going to get hot! I am planning on installling some LED backlighting at least for now. This isn't my full-time work yet so the amount of time that I spend blasting I don't think I will have an issue, yet!

I have read all the educational material that you have thankfully given us. It is very much appreciated. I have reached out to a couple people, the closest being an hour from me and not had any responses. I was just wanting to look around at their setups and pick their brains and was more than willing to take time off work to adjust to any schedule they had, but nothing. So the fact that people are willing to share their knowledge here is wonderful!!

I am currently using a HF cabinet and pressure pot, terrible lighting and pretty much zero dust collection. I was going to start buying "upgrades" but as I started tallying up the expenses and the time, this just made more sense to me. I do work a full-time job as a Maintenance Tech, so I am working on things all day there and I didn't want to have to do the same thing when I got home. So I was lucky enough to have the "semi-spare" money to be able to make the leap.

You are so correct about the learning curve. I have only been doing this for about 6 months. I learn something, usually the hard way, with every new project. This forum has taught me a great deal, I have gotten some great advice from members (Terry W) here, and by just reading have avoided some mistakes.

I will definitely keep everyone updated as well as hopefully someday be an asset and contributing member here!

Bennie
VictoryVinyl

Postby Kelly Harris » June 23rd, 2015, 6:12 am

Congratulations on the big leap Bennie!
PS CS2, CD X4, Acer laptop, Canon 700F scanner, HP laserjet 1600 printer, Epson Stylus 1400 printer, Intuos 4 tablet, Letralite, Summa D610 plotter, 2 cabinets, 2 pressure pots, 60 gallon air compressor, Fuji S8100 DSLR.

Kelegant Studios
Kelly Harris

Postby randypitcher » June 23rd, 2015, 8:31 am

That looks like an awesome cabinet. I've got an older Crystal Blast that I got used off of Craigslist and love it. It needed a few tweaks, but it has worked well for about 4 years now.
Started researching, studying and reading in February 2010. First piece etched on March 11, 2011
CrystalBlast 3624 cabinet, Home Depot 3.2 h.p. air compressor, CorelDraw X5, ADP2400 Plotter
randypitcher

Postby Sunny » June 24th, 2015, 8:43 am

Hail yes! I'm excited for you too. Have fun and all such s*#t as that (a backwoods saying)...lol.
Choose life in all thngs
Sunny

Postby Tugg Speedman » July 11th, 2015, 3:31 pm

I didn't realize that those cabinets weighed that much,about~450 lbs? Would be a huge jump up from my HF model. Just need to make more stuff and slowly get there. Is there something that made it better than the Rayzist or was it mainly a price thing?
Tugg Speedman

Postby Terry W » July 11th, 2015, 7:57 pm

Hey Bennie, how about a little update??? Or are yo too busy playing with the new toy,, eerrr, tools now?? :TU:

Have you had a chance to set up and test yet??
Terry
Terry W

Postby Tugg Speedman » July 12th, 2015, 3:17 pm

Bennie, you out there playing with your toy? Would like updates or some YouTube of it in action. It's on my wish list someday.
Tugg Speedman

Postby KikiTopaz » July 28th, 2015, 11:28 am

I have a Crystal Blast Pro and I was just as excited as Bennie when it arrived. My husband didn't "get it" either. It's still on the pallet because I'm not willing to risk someone's life to put it on wheels. A pallet jack will move it anywhere I need it to go. I love my "blaster"!!! Bennie, don't forget to add another water trap between the inlet air hose and the blaster.
*I had to remove the top motor assembly to clear the garage door but it went right back together easy-peasy.
Kari
Corelx6 graphic suite, Ingersoll Rand 60gal air compressor, Ikonics Crystal blast Pro cabinet.
Kari aka KikiTopaz
http://www.mainstreet-etch.com
KikiTopaz

PreviousNext

Return to Can we Talk !