• Advertisement

Just Toys

This is for discussion of all topics of interest to our members.
  • Advertisement

Re: Just Toys

Postby Charles » June 22nd, 2015, 7:35 pm

Jess, if it isnt your passion it is easy to loose some points in translation, however I figured he took a few hours of batteries with him so from that stand point you arent way off track. I do like the idea of the follow me mode!!!!
Jess BTW a drone owner from Arizona tells about his drone being attacked by a swarm of bees up about 150 ft... Yall have some nasty Bees in AZ

Brian, when you order the cx 10 get it from banggood.com, wait the 2 weeks to get it so you can order 2 for the same price, get a dozen replacement blades and the blade guards....set u back another 10.00 ..I think the cx 10 from banggood is about 17.00 free shipping. AMazon.com you will have 20.00 plus shipping so almost double but it comes quicker!

Yes Jack the multi rotor toys are electric, using an electronic gyro and voltage regulators to each motor is the heart of stable flight, much easier to regulate power electrically to the rotors then electro-mechanical with a single engine.
Just what little I know!
Charles Mckenzie
McKenzie Monuments Inc.
3450 N. St. Louis St.
Batesville, AR 72501
870-793-3216
Charles

Postby Charles » June 27th, 2015, 2:29 pm

Wow steep learning curve...I finally got my quadcopter to behave after my first crash, the crash wasnt the trouble, while I was waiting on a new set of props I was exploring the APM ( brain) of the copter, well seems my exploration left the APM dead and I had to get a new one ...OOPS So it had to be configured even tho it was the exact replacement part for the unit....WoooHooo it will now hold altitude, it will loiter ( stay in position ) It will fly in the simple mode meaning you dont have to keep track of front and back if it is 1000' away from ya, I havnt tried the RTH setting yet...( return to home) It takes a GPS fix of where you armed the motors from, and if it goes out of remote range, or if you simply panic and hit the switch it will return and land from where it started from. I never knew how sophisticated these units were becoming. The reason I was into the APM, I was exploring the auto flight protocols, the system is written so I can plug in waypoints, tell the unit how high I wan it to fly, if I want it to circle something interesting bla bla... if I want to fly a search grid? All this can be done with a flip of a switch, you can actually turn off the remote control and it will fly to the way points, react how u wish it to depanding if you have a camera running, etc. So far it is still a smarter unit then I am, I still have lots of reading to do, what a blast !!!!
Charles Mckenzie
McKenzie Monuments Inc.
3450 N. St. Louis St.
Batesville, AR 72501
870-793-3216
Charles

Postby Charles » June 27th, 2015, 2:32 pm

This guy builds racing and aerodynamic quads.....0-80 MPH in 1 second ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va2hQhweeTE
Charles Mckenzie
McKenzie Monuments Inc.
3450 N. St. Louis St.
Batesville, AR 72501
870-793-3216
Charles

Postby David Takes » June 27th, 2015, 7:28 pm

Charles,

That is a great point. It might be a wise decision to get experience with a more disposable unit before forking out more serious dollars for a more advanced machine. As proven by my business, I prefer to buy quality first. In this instance I may follow your wise advice.
David Takes
Expressions Engraved
St. Joseph, Missouri
http://www.expressionsengraved.com
David Takes

Postby Charles » June 28th, 2015, 5:33 am

David the down side is the questionable quality of the cx 20 , mine arrived very good, its issues are the nut behind the wheel. Some folks have had issues from out of the box, but not nearly so as when they first hit the market. If you havnt get the little 20.00 cx 10 first....bunch of propellers...learn on it! The cx 20 is so hot selling cause for the most part it fly's out of the box and is so versatile to be upgraded, the seasoned users are loving it cause it gives them a challenge to add the frills !!!
Charles Mckenzie
McKenzie Monuments Inc.
3450 N. St. Louis St.
Batesville, AR 72501
870-793-3216
Charles

Postby Charles » June 28th, 2015, 5:42 am

My APM will take an input from a sonar system.....Since the APM is way point programmable in both lat - lon and altitude and sonar readings ....I need enuff lift to hold the blast wand, I can program the left and right, up and of each sweep and walla I have an auto blasting system....

I need to do some reading !!!
Charles Mckenzie
McKenzie Monuments Inc.
3450 N. St. Louis St.
Batesville, AR 72501
870-793-3216
Charles

Postby Charles » July 3rd, 2015, 8:55 pm

In the AIR ....Go to my Face Book page form the link .
https://www.facebook.com/charles.mckenzie.90
Charles Mckenzie
McKenzie Monuments Inc.
3450 N. St. Louis St.
Batesville, AR 72501
870-793-3216
Charles

Postby JESS » July 3rd, 2015, 9:02 pm

Not too much into Facebook, maybe missing something- see a brat, and a bunch of pooch pics- Care to elaborate? :lol:
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby Charles » July 3rd, 2015, 9:05 pm

In my news feed top of the list is the video, you should see a large picture of my MOM a small picture of the hoover dam under that to the right is my feed.
Put me in the corner and call me dunce, my settings has folks not my friends blocked from seeing much of my page..
Charles Mckenzie
McKenzie Monuments Inc.
3450 N. St. Louis St.
Batesville, AR 72501
870-793-3216
Charles

Postby JESS » July 3rd, 2015, 10:17 pm

Charles-
That's your Mom? Great looking woman! I had just glanced, and having met you, thought that might be one of your grade school pics! Looking a little closer, I can see that the picture is of a much better looking person. My apologies for the mistake. My eyes are getting old, and the brain makes strange interpretations. I will try to pay closer attention. :oops:
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Can we Talk !