• Advertisement

Hit wine while etching -- how?

This is for discussion of all topics of interest to our members.
  • Advertisement

Re: Hit wine while etching -- how?

Postby jhenryw49 » June 18th, 2015, 9:16 am

On your info Jess, I stopped doing champagne a year ago, I get some questions, if I do them, I tell them the whole story, they understand. I have lost some business. but sleep better well almost better.

So with everyone cutting costs today be careful of what you blast. I am not sure how to tell if the glass is thick or thin on a bottle.

Jack
jhenryw49

Postby Tugg Speedman » July 12th, 2015, 3:24 pm

What about when blasting full bottles that could break and leak all over, putting down a small plastic tub so if it breaks only a tub full of whatever flying grit gets soaked and the glass lands in the tub? Lot better than the whole cabinet going down for cleanup.
Tugg Speedman

Postby randypitcher » July 13th, 2015, 4:35 pm

I've done something similar with a large mirror that I blasted. I put down a towel in the bottom of the cabinet to rest the mirror on while I blasted it. It was a little messy to clean up, but I'd rather have that than having to repurchase a custom made mirror.
Started researching, studying and reading in February 2010. First piece etched on March 11, 2011
CrystalBlast 3624 cabinet, Home Depot 3.2 h.p. air compressor, CorelDraw X5, ADP2400 Plotter
randypitcher

Previous

Return to Can we Talk !