• Advertisement

Cutting Edge

This is for discussion of all topics of interest to our members.
  • Advertisement

Cutting Edge

Postby Sharon » November 4th, 2014, 2:36 pm

Does anyone know what happened to the cutting edge sandcarving site? I used to check in there every once in a while but admittedly had not checked in in quite a while, went to check in today and it is gone.

Thanks
Sharon
Sharon

Re: Cutting Edge

Postby bernie » November 4th, 2014, 4:00 pm

It is no longer a forum
bernie

Postby Sharon » November 4th, 2014, 4:52 pm

I kind of figured that out, I was wondering what happened. There was a lot of great information and resources, that went back years - decade or more. Does anyone know if there is anyway to access that information?

Thanks
Sharon
Sharon

Postby bernie » November 4th, 2014, 5:33 pm

... its gone
bernie

Postby Sharon » November 4th, 2014, 5:47 pm

Okay I am taking you do not like me asking. Did not mean to offend anyone I was just curious.
Sharon

Postby JESS » November 4th, 2014, 5:50 pm

Sharon wrote:Okay I am taking you do not like me asking. Did not mean to offend anyone I was just curious.

Sharon-
No one is offended, many are simply hurt by the loss.

I don't want to sound smug or anything approaching it, but everything you could have learned there, is right here. Our forum is populated with the best and brightest, many of whom were long time veterans of CES, and migrated here for many reasons. I myself absolutely loved that venue, until personal politics got in the way, and I, and a couple of friends, started this forum to alleviate those political problems. Our search engine, (in the upper right,) will lead to the answers to 98% of the questions you might have regarding sandcarving, and any remaining questions you may have will most likely be solved, simply for the asking. When you DO ask, the answers will most likely come from the same folk who were so willing to share over there. We are the same group, just under a different name. We also are growing at a very rapid rate, adding the newest and latest knowledge and technology, by encouraging new members to share whatever knowledge they are willing to share. Hang in there with us. The best is yet to come, and it comes from folks like you, with inquisitive minds, and problem solving skills you might be willing to share.
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby Sharon » November 4th, 2014, 6:12 pm

I understand. I was on the CE forum when the hurt feelings were created. I remember losing a bunch of really knowledgeable, helpful, as well as kind individuals. I am not sure of exactly what happened, and felt it was not my business to ask. Although it was like a ripple effect the way it impacted the forum. I did feel like CE was not the same after those said people left voluntarily or otherwise. This is a really Great forum. I was just surprised today when I went to check into that forum after having not been on in quite a while( had many personal/family things happening) that it was gone. I do see the same people on here that I saw on CE, I have no doubt they will continue to build and grow this forum. There seems to be a cohesiveness on this forum, where everyone is back together.

Thank-you for the reply
Sharon
Sharon

Postby jhenryw49 » November 9th, 2014, 12:00 pm

Thanks for having us Jess i learned allot at the C/E And i thank the people who ran it for the great education i got there.

Jack
jhenryw49

Postby Joe Goodson » November 9th, 2014, 9:44 pm

I mourn the loss of the information. If they were not going to shepherd the info for the sake of the knowledge, then they should give it to Jess so he could weed out what he wants and trash the redundancies in the information. But who has that kind of time on their hands? Not me. Is there someone I can contact in order to attempt to recover some of my posts that I would like to have?
Joe
Joe Goodson

Postby JESS » November 9th, 2014, 10:38 pm

Joe-
For clarity, there are many who who refer to the forum you mention as CE, Cutting Edge, or several other abbreviations. The actual name was "Cutting Edge Sandcarving", abbreviated as CES. Shortly before the end, the name was posted as "Cutting Edge Signcarving".
There is no way to regain the actual posts, but our members have posted every bit of information that was there. Anything that might have been missed is still in the minds of folks like yourself. Don't leave it up to me to winnow it out, simply ask, and someone here saw it there. Remember, when I fell out of favor there, EVERY post, EVERY tech article, and ANYTHING that had my name attached to it, was instantly erased, never to be seen again, until we built this forum. I have rebuilt my own contributions that were deleted, and have done my best to rebuild the contributions of other members who got caught up in the bloodletting. (Hint; Keep backups of everything you post, and you will not lament the loss, should some electronic boogeyman destroy this particular venue)
I honestly believe, as a group, that we have built a forum that has a much better library of artwork, and are populated with the best minds in our craft. There are a few who were regulars there, (Whit comes to mind, Tom Kuhn, aka VBWhiz, Inga, Randall, and I could probably name 20 more), who were extreme talent, but had quit contributing (voluntarily or not,) long before the demise of CES. I hope those talented people can find it in their hearts to join us, and once again contribute their knowledge to a forum that gains them very little, but enriches the lives of others. If not, I have no doubt, there are many up and coming talented people who will recognize the value of this social media, and help it become much more than the forums of the past. We are all creating history.
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Next

Return to Can we Talk !