• Advertisement

Inkjet printers and transparency film

This is for discussion of all topics of interest to our members.
  • Advertisement

Re: Inkjet printers and transparency film

Postby jhenryw49 » July 1st, 2014, 10:36 am

In the staples i went to the 3M was replaced by the staples inkjet Transparency film 23247 works just as good as the 3480

Jack
jhenryw49

Postby Jim McDaniel » July 9th, 2014, 5:13 pm

Just to update on this film. I have used about 10 sheets so far with no issues. For the price i believe you can't go wrong.

Jim
Jim McDaniel

Postby Terry W » February 12th, 2015, 6:44 pm

I know this one is a little old but!!!!!! My one year old Epson 1430 went clunk and wont print. Only about an ink then quits. So It's 2 months out of warranty :S: .

Anyway Jess I see you are using an epson xp 610. Are your prints pretty good or just OK? I my run out and get an xp 850 and try as I don't see anyone close that has a 610. Reason I ask is I have some stuff coming up in the next few weeks that has some very intricate lines. I have done them before with a printout from my 1400, I had an HP 990 that printed fairly well but would not let me washout everything. The 1400 was no problems.

A call to epson today was worthless. They flat out said we don't have anything that prints to transparency film.

Thanks for any input. I have been looking for other threads with recommendations as well.

:toh:
Terry
Terry W

Postby JESS » February 12th, 2015, 7:12 pm

Terry-
Michele- (Kuluchicken), went through a long learning curve, but has become a believer. Check out her posts on the subject.
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby Terry W » February 12th, 2015, 7:54 pm

I was in on all that.

Thanks
Terry
Terry W

Postby JESS » February 12th, 2015, 10:45 pm

Terry-
You were NOT in on the PM I got saying how She was impressed with the output, once the pitfalls were passed.

Michele? Are you watching? :P
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby kuluchicken » February 13th, 2015, 11:45 am

I'm here Jess :)

Terry, you know about the whole saga I had! Now that I have my transparency issues sorted, I'm incredibly happy with the Epson XP-610. It does an amazing job! I'd highly recommend it. I'm guessing the fact that my halftones come out beautifully says it all. Fine detailed work washes out easily....and the best part is that it's so well priced. If it packs up it won't break the budget.
kuluchicken

Postby Terry W » February 13th, 2015, 12:22 pm

Thats great news. Yes, if your getting halftones to washout your doing very well. You may still want to try Rapid Mask for halftones. No washout to worry about it but it's nice to know you can do it with washout.

:TU:
Terry
Terry W

Postby Terry W » February 14th, 2015, 8:53 am

Well on recommendations from Jess and a couple others (thank you very much) I went looking for for a printer while my 1430 gets serviced. I couldn't find an epson xp 61o local so I got an xp 620. The upgrade. Not sure what is different about them?

Anyway I did a few setting changes, printed a transparency and gave it a try. Looked good so I tried a sample washout and it worked fine. So I exposed about 15 pages of washout last night and all came out fine. :TU:

I do have to say though that this does not print as dark as my 1400 or 1430 and yes I could tell the difference. On this design that I did last night was one I have done several other times and I do keep notes as to how long things take. Exposure time
was the same 28 sec. Washout time was almost double though. Went from 20-30 seconds to about a little over a minute and I have to check very carefully that everything is washout out.

Bottom line for anyone looking for a cheap (I paid under $100 bucks) printer that will handle transparencies (3M cg3480) and do a pretty good job at it I would highly recommend the epson 620.

Thank you Jess :toh:
Terry
Terry W

Postby kuluchicken » February 14th, 2015, 1:24 pm

Terry, maybe you could print out a few test one's on different paper settings. I'll give you the settings I use on Monday, I'm just on my way out shortly. I played around a bit and the printouts are a lot darker with some settings.
kuluchicken

PreviousNext

Return to Can we Talk !