• Advertisement

Inkjet printers and transparency film

This is for discussion of all topics of interest to our members.
  • Advertisement

Re: Inkjet printers and transparency film

Postby silvastrike » June 2nd, 2015, 5:13 pm

Sunny wrote:I ordered the 1430 today from Epson. I plan to use it with a dedicated usb 2 cable for greater reliability. I read many many reviews by users before deciding on the 1430. I have a small music publication company with BMI too and from time to time will release a CD. So the 1430 will do double duty for me. I like to sell CD's directly to nitch markets. I have done traditional blues mostly with people like Johnnie Johnson, Eddie Kirkland, Luther Johnson, and Larry Davis. My newest release will be a rock album in the style of Journey. I strive to produce top flight music, and am petrified that one will take off bigger than I can handle...lol. So the 1430 it is....

Thanks again for all who took the time to share their thoughts.

Very cool! Hope all works out well!
silvastrike

Postby Sunny » June 15th, 2015, 9:35 am

JESS wrote:Jim-
Looks like VCG7033S.

TRANSPARENCIES001.jpg

Hi Jess,

I am looking to purchase Apollo Universal Transparency Film vcg7033s. What you have pictured has a removable strip. Others do not. Is there an advantage to having a removable strip as opposed to not having one? Thanks...
Choose life in all thngs
Sunny

Postby JESS » June 15th, 2015, 10:21 am

No advantage that I'm aware of, unless it makes it easier for your printer to grab it.
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby Terry W » June 15th, 2015, 10:51 am

That removable strip is for printers that have a hard time recognizing transparency film. Some of the sensors have a light beam and when broken (the strip goes past) it knows that paper has been run through.
Terry
Terry W

Postby Sunny » June 15th, 2015, 12:42 pm

Thanks Jess and Terry,

I guess I'll try it without the strip first. I have not found the 1430 listed as a printer that needs it. I should be operational shortly. At the moment I am attempting to synchronize the images sent to me by my graphics artist for correct printing size. Currently the images I am receiving are printing slightly smaller than requested. It's the learning curve thing I guess....
Choose life in all thngs
Sunny

Postby Terry W » June 15th, 2015, 1:59 pm

Sunny I don't believe the 1430 says anything about printing to transparency either and I have talked with them before and they tell you no. I have one so I know it works but I don't push my graphics to the edge so I haven't had the need to pull the strip off yet. If you try without because you need the extra then I would suggest taking all other paper out and only having the one sheet in. That way if it doesn't recognize it you will have time to stop the print job. Otherwise it may grab a regular sheet and start printing using up ink.

Keep us posted on your progress.
Terry
Terry W

Postby Sunny » June 16th, 2015, 12:26 pm

I have contacted filmsourceinc.net and spoke with Mary Holter (Holder?) who indicated that their inkjet film does work well with the Epson 1430 as well as other printers. It is 4 mil and can be purchased with or without a stripe. It's less than half the price of Accublack and can be purchased 50 sheets at a time. Amazingly their warehouse is just across the Missouri River from me, about five miles away. Lucky me...lol. I know this is sales talk but she did tell me that 3M refers people to her for this film. Jim said it worked fine. I'll let you know when I try it too.
Choose life in all thngs
Sunny

Postby silvastrike » June 16th, 2015, 5:10 pm

I have a Canon Pixma 5320 and using the Hobby Lobby paper, I only have to put it through 2 times to get total opacity. It's a learning process, but I know this printer works with Transparencies.
silvastrike

Postby Berone » March 24th, 2017, 11:01 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Berone on March 25th, 2017, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Berone

Postby David Takes » March 25th, 2017, 7:31 am

That print looks very opaque. It looks like you've achieve the perfect combination.

I've been considering paying for the licensing and additional insurance to be able to sell products containing the rotary logo. Are you licensed to use the logo?
David Takes
Expressions Engraved
St. Joseph, Missouri
http://www.expressionsengraved.com
David Takes

PreviousNext

Return to Can we Talk !