• Advertisement

Letralite question

This is for discussion of all topics of interest to our members.
  • Advertisement

Re: Letralite question

Postby JESS » April 21st, 2014, 3:50 pm

OOPS-
No, I did. I have not used washout in so long I forgot. Sorry. :oops:
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby Jim McDaniel » April 22nd, 2014, 10:04 am

Whee, Thought i was missing something Jess. Now what i have done is started doing a lot of samples. My thoughts where i was not cooking long enough but it seams i may have been cooking to long (didn't know i could do that). Started test at 60 sec and then went to 50, 40, 30, 20, 15, 10 sec. I was surprised at how fast and clean the film washed out at 10 and 15 second cook times, washout taken no more that 20 to 40 seconds to come clean.

But i am still seeing some of the smallest detail lines coming loose during the washout but not as bad as before.

Thanks for all the help

Jim
Jim McDaniel

Postby kuluchicken » April 23rd, 2014, 9:41 pm

I find that the finer the detail, the shorter I expose it for. I usually expose mine for 24-25 seconds, but if there is very fine detail I may expose it for say 22 seconds only.
kuluchicken

Postby Jim McDaniel » April 27th, 2014, 4:25 pm

Went all the way down to a 5 second exposure and had good washout. from the testing i settled on a 15 second exposure time.

Thanks for all the help
Jim
Jim McDaniel

Postby seenyur » April 29th, 2014, 12:23 am

I have had my bulb go out after 7 years. Just didn't restart..
seenyur

Postby Sunny » September 29th, 2018, 4:32 pm

Yes I just washed some R3 today and I too had difficulty with the very fine details. By the time I washed the fine detail out as best I could, some of the other images were ruined. I'm wondering how R3 compares to SR3000 with respect to fine detail.
Choose life in all thngs
Sunny

Postby Kelly Harris » October 1st, 2018, 7:50 am

Sunny, what size was your image and how fine? Can you share a photo?

I can get very small, fine detail with R3. What printer are you using? What type of transparency? Is your printout the blackest black and is it opaque? How long are you developing for and in what machine? How long is it taking you to wash out?
PS CS2, CD X4, Acer laptop, Canon 700F scanner, HP laserjet 1600 printer, Epson Stylus 1400 printer, Intuos 4 tablet, Letralite, Summa D610 plotter, 2 cabinets, 2 pressure pots, 60 gallon air compressor, Fuji S8100 DSLR.

Kelegant Studios
Kelly Harris

Postby Sunny » October 1st, 2018, 11:19 am

Hi Kelly, I am using R3, AccuBlack, Artisan 1430, black settings, and my Letralite exposure is seven clicks. I am washing out with Ikonics wash out nozzle. I didn't time the washout but I would estimate it to be between two and three minutes. I tried to upload a jpg but it wouldn't upload using the Img category...not sure why...(Img) is on.

I believe part of my problem is that I am trying to wash out too many images on one sheet of R3, some are more simple than others. I am thinking of doing one image at a time. I am currently working with Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 and I have not yet found a way to place six small images equidistant from one another on a page. When I do it to six on a page the size of the image is increased. I'm working on that today.

I'm looking for advice on using the Img setting.

Thanks,

Sunny
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Choose life in all thngs
Sunny

Postby Sunny » October 1st, 2018, 11:21 am

Well, the bear did work, great. Now imagine it to be a one inch image.
Choose life in all thngs
Sunny

Postby Sunny » October 1st, 2018, 11:22 am

Sunny wrote:Well, the bear did work, great. Now imagine it to be a one inch image.

BTW, this is a "Spirit" Bear, a "white" black bear.
Choose life in all thngs
Sunny

PreviousNext

Return to Can we Talk !