• Advertisement

Are we perfectionists?

This is for discussion of all topics of interest to our members.
  • Advertisement

Are we perfectionists?

Postby kuluchicken » October 17th, 2019, 3:44 pm

It suddenly struck me as I was cleaning a pane of glass with a lovely design, before blasting it (design clear and rest solid) how carefully one needs to clean it because the slights bit of dirt forms a resist. No matter which method we use, we have to be pretty pedantic if we want good results and want to save hours of work trying to fix up something we didn't notice in the preparation.

So I was wondering in terms of work, whether you all see yourselves as perfectionists :grin: I do, but not in other areas though. Yet, in spite of being a perfectionist and attempting perfection, I find sandblasting very humbling. Mistakes are part of being human often, unfortunately.

Just thought I'd share my thoughts with my fellow sandblasters.

Cheers

Michele
kuluchicken

Re: Are we perfectionists?

Postby JESS » October 17th, 2019, 4:31 pm

Michele-
After a while, it just becomes a way of life. Perfectionist? No where near in my own eyes, but I do have a 30 year reputation for getting it right. It took me a long time to (almost) quit making mistakes. :lol: I'm quite proud of most of my work. You should be too. That's why we call it work, although it's something I really enjoy.
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby James Burke » October 17th, 2019, 6:38 pm

Tool and die maker by trade....you bet I'm a perfectionist. It's part of the job description that has permeated 100% of everything I do. It's a good thing I don't build houses for a living, otherwise they'd end up costing ten times more than my competition.

JB
James Burke

Postby kuluchicken » October 20th, 2019, 2:00 pm

I end up giving my customers 200% and a lot more time than I charge for because of my perfectionism
:)
kuluchicken

Postby jhenryw49 » November 25th, 2019, 5:38 am

I do believe so, I have many samples of work, i have done that, I did not give the customer for it was not up to what I wanted. I get picky and think not good enough should have done it this way. So i go out buy another bottle or glass and do it right.

jack
jhenryw49

Return to Can we Talk !