• Advertisement

Anyone up for??

This is for discussion of all topics of interest to our members.
  • Advertisement

Re: Anyone up for??

Postby jfoos » February 4th, 2019, 8:16 am

I have never shaded before so I have it printed out. I got one gradient and a box done before I had to run home for baby duty yesterday. I posted a close up of the box. Am I on the right track. I'm guessing I shouldn't be engraving the box line deep and then picking the squares. Any advice would be appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JJ
Newbie Glass Engraver
Monument Design
Bellevue Ohio
jfoos

Postby Terry W » February 4th, 2019, 8:54 am

J this is your practice so however you want to do it is up to you. Then we look and see what we want to change.

Having the cut line there is maybe a little buffer for you so not having that will help when you do other shading projects.

If you have a feather, for example, you would not want to have the deep cut line around every element of that feather.

It would also be nice if you signed your posts so folks know who they are chatting with. :TU: There is a place in your user control panel to turn on signature. Put whatever you want folks to know you as then your set. It will just pop up at the end of every post you do.

Nice job by the way. This exercise will definitely help folks build technique and confidence.
Terry
Terry W

Postby Sunny » February 5th, 2019, 11:57 am

For "flake of the year," would some people get a handicap, like golf? :LOLUp:
Choose life in all thngs
Sunny

Postby Donna » February 16th, 2019, 10:18 am

I finally had some warmer weather and time to blast yesterday afternoon, but found that my air hose had been redirected to the back of the shop so my son could inflate a flat tire, and hadn't put it back. I'm hoping to get to it this weekend. Has anyone else had time to do it?
SummaCut D60, SignTools3, CorelDraw X3, compressor, HF cabinet, 40 lb. HF pressure pot, home made UV exposure unit, PAB gun, ....... more to come
Donna

Previous

Return to Can we Talk !