• Advertisement

Anyone up for??

This is for discussion of all topics of interest to our members.
  • Advertisement

Re: Anyone up for??

Postby jfoos » February 4th, 2019, 8:16 am

I have never shaded before so I have it printed out. I got one gradient and a box done before I had to run home for baby duty yesterday. I posted a close up of the box. Am I on the right track. I'm guessing I shouldn't be engraving the box line deep and then picking the squares. Any advice would be appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JJ
Newbie Glass Engraver
Monument Design
Bellevue Ohio
jfoos

Postby Terry W » February 4th, 2019, 8:54 am

J this is your practice so however you want to do it is up to you. Then we look and see what we want to change.

Having the cut line there is maybe a little buffer for you so not having that will help when you do other shading projects.

If you have a feather, for example, you would not want to have the deep cut line around every element of that feather.

It would also be nice if you signed your posts so folks know who they are chatting with. :TU: There is a place in your user control panel to turn on signature. Put whatever you want folks to know you as then your set. It will just pop up at the end of every post you do.

Nice job by the way. This exercise will definitely help folks build technique and confidence.
Terry
Terry W

Postby Sunny » February 5th, 2019, 11:57 am

For "flake of the year," would some people get a handicap, like golf? :LOLUp:
Choose life in all thngs
Sunny

Postby Donna » February 16th, 2019, 10:18 am

I finally had some warmer weather and time to blast yesterday afternoon, but found that my air hose had been redirected to the back of the shop so my son could inflate a flat tire, and hadn't put it back. I'm hoping to get to it this weekend. Has anyone else had time to do it?
SummaCut D60, SignTools3, CorelDraw X3, compressor, HF cabinet, 40 lb. HF pressure pot, home made UV exposure unit, PAB gun, ....... more to come
Donna

Postby Terry W » February 22nd, 2019, 7:58 am

Glad someone else is giving this a try. I have had my panel done for a week or so but have yet to take pictures.

440 views and less than 10 have downloaded the file. This is a good practice piece for the beginner or seasoned pro.

Is there no interest in this kind of stuff? :dunno:
Terry
Terry W

Postby kuluchicken » February 22nd, 2019, 5:19 pm

There is Terry, I think it's an awesome idea. I'm just trying to get my work out first....and I've become lazy when it comes to working too much overtime!
kuluchicken

Postby JESS » March 15th, 2019, 6:21 pm

Bump!
JJ, that's a great showing for a "newbie". I like it! Let's keep this alive, it's great practice.
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby Terry W » April 1st, 2019, 3:20 pm

Well, I have been waiting for others to join in. I have another design all set but since nobody is interested???

Anyway, here is the one I did a while ago. For all of you worried about how much time it takes. I have all of half an hour into blasting and about 10 minutes taking the mask off and cleaning.
Not the best picture as I didn't set up for it. Just a quick phone pic. So you can see, it doesn't take much time and the benefits (IMHO) far outweigh the time spent.

A few boo boo's but still fun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Terry
Terry W

Postby Terry W » April 11th, 2019, 4:39 pm

Bump
Terry
Terry W

Postby JESS » April 11th, 2019, 6:05 pm

C'mon folks, it's worth the exercise! You would be impressed with the number of customers who are drawn to this thing, just sitting there.

Shading2.jpg

Jess
JESS
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Can we Talk !