• Advertisement

Problems with Pictures Showing On Forum...

This forum will have messages from the design team on the latest updates and changes to the forum.
  • Advertisement

Problems with Pictures Showing On Forum...

Postby Tom Kuhn » July 17th, 2010, 10:41 am

We've been experiencing problems with certain photographs and clipart pictures displaying on the forum. They'll display on your local PC, but when uploaded to the forum server, all anyone else sees is a big X...

I've identified a common thread with all these images, they are a 32-Bit color palette. The 32-Bit color palette problem only occurs when posting JPGs and PNGs, since GIF files are by default a maximum of 8-Bit palette. If you post a photo, please ensure that it is a 24-Bit palette or less before uploading, so everyone can view your image.

NOTE

I have also found that Windows does not necessarily report the color palette correctly when right-clicking on the image, selecting Properties and the Details tab. It will report 24-bit, yet when going into an image editing software package, it shows it as 32-Bit and allows you to convert it to 24-Bit.

Image   Software Engineer & Webmaster
Aspiring Sandcarver
Woodworking hobbiest
Full-time Grandfather.

My Photo Gallery

Tom Kuhn
Site Admin

Re: Problems with Pictures Showing On Forum...

Postby Kelly Harris » July 18th, 2010, 7:48 am

Great sleuthing Tom, thanks.

Kelly
PS CS2, CD X4, Acer laptop, Canon 700F scanner, HP laserjet 1600 printer, Epson Stylus 1400 printer, Intuos 4 tablet, Letralite, Summa D610 plotter, 2 cabinets, 2 pressure pots, 60 gallon air compressor, Fuji S8100 DSLR.

Kelegant Studios
Kelly Harris

Return to Latest Forum Info