• Advertisement

Sandblasting cabinet with integrated 2,5Lt pressure pot

If you're handy with a hammer, wrench or screwdriver there are times where you can make-it-yourself cheaper than buying. Here's the place to share information for mods and construction projects.
  • Advertisement

Sandblasting cabinet with integrated 2,5Lt pressure pot

Postby Dimitris » October 2nd, 2013, 1:08 pm

Hi everybody
I wanted to upload some photos as my project proceeds, but I had an accident and I couldn’t do anything, after the 8th of September slowly I started again working on my project. If you want you can see a video in YouTube: http://youtu.be/7qOdsoE267g
Dimitris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mining...a calling of peculiar dignity.("De re metallica" Georgius Agricola 1556)
Dimitris

Re: Sandblasting cabinet with integrated 2,5Lt pressure pot

Postby Terry W » October 2nd, 2013, 1:29 pm

That's a very cool project Dimitris.

I don't think I would have the patience to hand cut all those slots. I applaud you. :bravo:
Terry
Terry W

Postby Dimitris » October 2nd, 2013, 2:05 pm

Thanks Terry
I think that I have tons of patience -just hope to finish it soon…… "Ven:
Mining...a calling of peculiar dignity.("De re metallica" Georgius Agricola 1556)
Dimitris

Postby GARYR6 » October 2nd, 2013, 2:20 pm

i GUESS YOU MIGHT SAY HALF THE FUN IS IN THE PROCESS OF DOING IT YOURSELF. NICE METAL WORK.
GARYR6

Postby Dimitris » October 3rd, 2013, 8:10 am

Hi Gary
Glad you like it. You guessed right, I'm sure you know the feeling when you do something and how impatient you are to the finish it. As for the other half of the fun is the mistakes I've made, the knowledge I get from those and I think that is the way to gain experience.

P.S Please forgive any mistakes in my writing
Dimitris

Postby rlvied » October 3rd, 2013, 8:32 am

Nice job on the cabinet. I made mine out of some wood that is used to line the inside of tractor trailers. It has a fiberglass coating on both sides. Again nice job. Now you will know what to do when you build tour bigger one.
Bob
rlvied

Postby Dimitris » October 3rd, 2013, 2:20 pm

Hi Bob
Thanks!I would love! to make a larger cabin but unfortunately I have a small workshop.
Dimitris

Postby Dimitris » December 15th, 2013, 12:59 pm

Hello again
It has turned out that this project is a rather slow process, because I’m learning while doing it. Here are some photos and the links to a 2 new videos if you want to see in YouTube: http://youtu.be/bZo4GHX8bWo http://youtu.be/KZXnbz4CjdU

Best wishes

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your families!

Dimitris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dimitris

Postby Dimitris » May 11th, 2014, 11:01 am

Good morning everybody
I uploaded some new photos as I continue with my project. I made the glove adaptors as also the "Clean out port" of the cabin. If you want to watch it on YouTube this is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qOdsoE ... N8GnVZ9_6e

Thank you again!
Dimitris
Dimitris

Postby Kelly Harris » May 12th, 2014, 7:04 am

You do amazing metal work, very handsome cabinet!
PS CS2, CD X4, Acer laptop, Canon 700F scanner, HP laserjet 1600 printer, Epson Stylus 1400 printer, Intuos 4 tablet, Letralite, Summa D610 plotter, 2 cabinets, 2 pressure pots, 60 gallon air compressor, Fuji S8100 DSLR.

Kelegant Studios
Kelly Harris

Next

Return to Handyman's Corner