• Advertisement

Home-made UV Exposure Unit

If you're handy with a hammer, wrench or screwdriver there are times where you can make-it-yourself cheaper than buying. Here's the place to share information for mods and construction projects.
  • Advertisement

Re: Home-made UV Exposure Unit

Postby jimmy21 » October 10th, 2012, 6:41 pm

im working on building this. Did it slightly different. I put the ballast on the bottom so it would have a smaller footprint. It will also allow the wires to be ran underneath so there aren't any wires visible. I also go a different ballast. The ballast i go was a Fulham 10375 - WH5-120-L Fulham WorkHorse 5 Ballast. It was the only ballast i could find that could do 4 15 watt lamps. All in all this project cost me way more than i thought it would

I ordered 6 lamps so id have some spares. $45 after shipping
ballast $25
timer 25 (should have oredered online)
tombstones $20 (should have ordered online)
wood $10

still have to buy glass, rubber, hinges, spray adhesive.

A much cheaper option would have been to buy nail drying light off ebay. You'd get all the electronics for $30. I wasn't sure how well it would work though. Another option would be to buy an ebay unit. I saw some for about $120 i think. I thought building it would be cheaper (wasn't) and if parts go out on mine, i know where to get more.
jimmy21

Postby Shandalf » April 5th, 2014, 5:01 pm

Excellent Thank you Tom :TU:
Shandalf

Postby Joseph3 » April 28th, 2016, 12:25 pm

Question please... I'm a new member to the forum and I was just trying to download the info on building a UV Exposure Unit that Mr. Kuhn has ofered but
there is a line in a little whitte box telling me I'm not able to do that. Can someone direct me to where these instructions are please?
Thanks very much... best Joseph Tidwell
Joseph3

Postby Joseph3 » April 28th, 2016, 12:31 pm

In Mr. Kuhn's comment it tells me I don't have the required permissions to view the info... How do you go about getting the right permission please?
Thnks Joseph
Joseph3

Postby JESS » April 28th, 2016, 12:35 pm

Joseph-
Welcome to the forum, but please take the time to properly introduce yourself in the Parlor. The plans you seek are here for all regular members, as you may read about [here]. (Forum rules)
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby Joseph3 » April 28th, 2016, 1:11 pm

Thanks very much Jess I truly appreciate your help... hope I haven't offended anyone... Everything is just new and I feel a little lost. I just paid my membership dues and introduced myself in the Parlor. I didn't see anything as to how to put up a picture though... I will be glad to post a picture when I find out how to do that.

Thank you Sir... Best Joseph
Joseph3

Postby JESS » April 28th, 2016, 1:22 pm

Joseph-
You can find guidelines in the Forum Rules area, [Here]
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Handyman's Corner