• Advertisement

Hydrofluoric Acid

We want everyone to grow old in one piece, so here you will find safety tips to help that happen.
  • Advertisement

Hydrofluoric Acid

Postby Kelly Harris » June 9th, 2010, 7:48 am

It's not my intent to scare anyone away from using HF acid but I want to make sure that anyone using it is aware of the dangers and follow the MSDS that should be provided with your HF acid. If you don't have an MSDS the supplier must present you with one upon request.

Attached is a sample MSDS on HF acid I found on the net.

http://www51.honeywell.com/sm/hfacid/co ... al_doc.pdf
PS CS2, CD X4, Acer laptop, Canon 700F scanner, HP laserjet 1600 printer, Epson Stylus 1400 printer, Intuos 4 tablet, Letralite, Summa D610 plotter, 2 cabinets, 2 pressure pots, 60 gallon air compressor, Fuji S8100 DSLR.

Kelegant Studios
Kelly Harris

Re: Hydrofluoric Acid

Postby KBrownlee » June 9th, 2010, 11:17 am

:D Thank you Kelly for the MSDS !
I needed that for my MSDS notebook. WHAT??? you don't have one of those set up? Might be a good idea!

Kerri in Arkansas
KBrownlee
2011 Flake-Of-The-Year Contest Winner
2011 Flake-Of-The-Year Contest Winner

Re: Hydrofluoric Acid

Postby Inga » June 13th, 2010, 12:17 am

Does MSDS stand for "Make Sure you Do this Sh*t"???

No seriously.....this is nasty, nasty stuff.......

While in the Czech Republic, Pat Mackle told me a story of an old acid factory. Seems the acid room was on the second floor and after years and years of work going on in there, apparently enough acid had soaked through into the floor boards to render the beams structurally unsound. Well, the day came when the floor gave way and the vats all fell through to the next floor down below, along with one of the workers. Story has it they had to remove the worker with a shovel. :shock: :?

Problem is, I tried everything I know of to get the same/similar look with blasting, but I just couldn't do it. :| :?:

~Inga
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSJv5ta9hwU
Inga

Return to Safety Precautions