• Advertisement

I hate wearing gloves

We want everyone to grow old in one piece, so here you will find safety tips to help that happen.
  • Advertisement

I hate wearing gloves

Postby Engraver » June 26th, 2011, 7:35 pm

I hate wearng gloves be it in the winter or sandblasting. Today as I was blasting outside the cabinet I had a problem with my foor pedal and was fussing with it to try and get it to work. Between turning on the valves, holding the pedal and nozzle, I sandblasted my finger tip with 80 AO. Boy did it hurt. More burned than anything. Guess I'll try some surgical gloves to see if I can stand them. Anybody else blast gloveless?
Kevin Coughlin
Signs from Above
607 -652-503 9
Jefferson, NY 12093
http://www.SignsFromAboveOnline.Com
www.facebook/signsfromabove
Engraver

Re: I hate wearing gloves

Postby JESS » June 26th, 2011, 8:09 pm

Kevin-
The only time I wear gloves is if I must protect an injury. You, like I, have learned the hard way, and will likely never sandblast your own body parts again! :twisted:
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby bernie » June 26th, 2011, 10:04 pm

I wear the purple nitrile gloves (medical kind) and they work just fine for me as long as I don't put my fingers where they don't belong.
I'm mainly blasting rock and it helps protect my hands as I blast pretty high psi.

If I'm blasting something that is low psi, I'm usually blasting glass and I don't wear them.

One will only blast their fingers once or twice unless one is a slow learner.

Bernie
bernie

Postby Engraver » June 27th, 2011, 5:38 am

Hopefully i'm a quick learner
Kevin Coughlin
Signs from Above
607 -652-503 9
Jefferson, NY 12093
http://www.SignsFromAboveOnline.Com
www.facebook/signsfromabove
Engraver

Postby KBrownlee » June 27th, 2011, 3:55 pm

Kevin, I hate wearing them too! My problem is that I HAVE to wear them (the nitrile ones) at my 'real' job at the hospital, so, my hands are pretty soft...(as I am a female, it's acceptable if they are soft). So, even blasting at a low psi for glass, it hurts my hands. I just replaced my cabinet gloves, I retired them after 4 years of service and a couple of holes in them. The new ones fit me fine...too little for hubby and step son! NOW, maybe they will stay away from my blaster! (although I doubt it seriously!).

Kerri in Arkansas
KBrownlee
2011 Flake-Of-The-Year Contest Winner
2011 Flake-Of-The-Year Contest Winner

Return to Safety Precautions